Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Um, when you say ladder do you mean a LADDER? Chickens don't climb ladders well, they have to hop and flap to go up rung by rung. If it is a ramp, they should have no problem as long as the cleats are close enough, like 3" apart and maybe 3/4" wide.
Haha yeah it's a ramp. I didn't know people called it that. We call it the chicken ladder, and it probably won't change because we have a little one who is quite opinionated. She wants to paint it purple and I said no...but she is relentless!

Haha yeah it's a ramp. I didn't know people called it that. We call it the chicken ladder, and it probably won't change because we have a little one who is quite opinionated. She wants to paint it purple and I said no...but she is relentless!

We actually had a chicken that would climb up a ladder all the time to get up on top of our playground. She would jump up one rung at a time. Sadly, she was attacked by our neighbors dog, along with 3 others last Saturday. (April 4th) Worst Easter weekend ever.

So I got a couple Easter Eggers on a whim (was meaning to pick up 4 Brahmas and instead got these 2 and 2 Brahmas instead.) So is there anything in these 5+ week old littles that screams Roo? I am guessing Pullett and they were in the Pullett bin but we all know that story.

My easter eggers are 4 weeks old and one is just huge compared to the other 2 in fact she/ he is as big as my light Brahma wondering if anyone had any guesses as to the sex of these chicks.sorry Daphne the Brahma loves pictures Willow, ash, and Hazel the EE's not so much, so they are not the best pics and Daphne photo bombed most of them.

Yours look like mine, they are definitely bigger than the Brahmas, I am chalking it up to the Brahmas reportedly being slow to mature which would mean slower chick growth I would assume.

So I got a couple Easter Eggers on a whim (was meaning to pick up 4 Brahmas and instead got these 2 and 2 Brahmas instead.) So is there anything in these 5+ week old littles that screams Roo? I am guessing Pullett and they were in the Pullett bin but we all know that story.

Nothing screaming
smile.png
I think you are safe on the brown and black one. The patterning looks pretty even on the other one.

My easter eggers are 4 weeks old and one is just huge compared to the other 2 in fact she/ he is as big as my light Brahma wondering if anyone had any guesses as to the sex of these chicks.sorry Daphne the Brahma loves pictures Willow, ash, and Hazel the EE's not so much, so they are not the best pics and Daphne photo bombed most of them.

Love the red "capelet" on the Brahma! I think you are good on the black and gold, not sure how one tells on a black other than comb and nothing is obvious on her or the other one. What color is that?

I have been calling the light colored EE wheaten,up close she looks very Ameraucana so I m guessing she/ he is a mix with a wheaten ameraucana. I was hoping there was a trick to knowing gender of black colored ones it was the only black in the bin so of course I had to have it. hoping they are all pullets but I have a welsummer so if its a roo maybe I can get so olive eggers :)

Back
Top Bottom