Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

eagrbver - So far I am seeing 2 roos and beautiful BLACK SKINNED, something. LOL..Can't wait to see how that one matures!

Wishing. - The only color coming in is the tan/brown and it's barred and laced. Nothing solid or patchy (yet anyway) it's really quite tame and I examine inside the feathers daily to see what is brewing on the new cuticles coming in. I have to say you and I have the same sense of humor. I nearly spit my soda at the monitor reading your reply.
tongue2.gif

Well I looked up sexing for the orp about a week ago and from what I read there, (s)hes looking normal for pullet, but idk. That one came from a hatchery. I dont see any wattles at all starting on any of them. Im still thinking theyre pullets, but maybe its just my naivety. That black one had me worried after I learned the black and whites are almost always cocks, but Im even optimistic about that one now too. Theres one more chipmunk pattern the same age I didnt post, but she had a case of cocci. She recovered but is a couple weeks behind the others in maturity. Shes barely gotten a tail yet and is half the size, nor started with a comb yet. I made major ground with the coop this past weekend and will have it and the run done next weekend. Now Im just waiting for the temps to go up. What a chilly spring here in Pa so far.

Barbie, its been awhile since Ive been on so I'll have to see what reply I made that youre referring to :)

On that note, I'll repost new pics in a week or couple. :) ttfn

I got 4 "Ameraucana" pullets from Privett Harchery and 1 of them is starting to look different. It's head is getting really dark. All of the others are light like the one on the far left. The dark headed one is on the far right. Is it a cockerel?

Back
Top Bottom