Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Single combs are a recessive trait. From what I understand, the silkie comb would be dominant over a single comb. So the only single comb bird with black skin that I can think of is Cemani.

Cool thanks I never would have even thought of that I would rlly love a couple more like her she's great but finding those would be a pain and when I looked they were way to expensive
1f615.png
I had someone else say maybe a cross between a NJG and a Sumatran. do you have any knowledge on telling the age of a bird??

Can anyone tell me the breed of this hen?? I was told New Jersey Giant but I don't feel that is correct I was also told under a year any idea of what she is??
1f602.png

The rare mutation is called Fibromelanism. Meat, bones, and organs are also black. Cemani eggs are white, which is surprising. You might want to ask on this thread.
The Svart Hona (Swedish Black Hen) Thread!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/806031/the-svart-hona-swedish-black-hen-thread

She's really cool! I would have paid $20.
cool.png

Does this look like an Easter Egger as that is what I was told it is, and also roo or hen? I'm afraid it's a roo as its about 9 weeks old and starting to act like a roo and even crowing
1f615.png

The rare mutation is called Fibromelanism. Meat, bones, and organs are also black. Cemani eggs are white, which is surprising. You might want to ask on this thread.
The Svart Hona (Swedish Black Hen) Thread!

URL=https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/.../the-svart-hona-swedish-black-hen-thread[/URL] She's really cool! I would have paid $20. :cool:
Cool, cool their were three like this In the clutch another hen and a rooster do you have anymore Info on them. I wanted both hens but the guy didn't wanna sell the other hen without the male and I wasn't rlly wanting to hatch any chicks but if their as cool as everyone keeps telling me on this page I might have to see if I can pick them up for a breeding idea. Lol I just didn't wanna get stuck with a bunch of unwanted chicks like I had before when I let a couple leghorns hatch out their chicks.

Last edited:
I have better pictures of Pickles. She is hard to get close too- she doesn't like people or chickens. lol These are the best I could get and probably will ever get!

n
mknj iju';m, 'mu m mmm ; u m;;;;;;; m

Back
Top Bottom