Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Ok, this chick is 4 1/2 weeks old. She reminds me of an eagle with her colors and she has dark slate legs. Do you like she's a Pullet? It's my guess but I've been wrong before.

wow what gotgeous eyes they look like you used eye liner

Maybe a cockerel, but without confirming dark red on the wings, I'd wait to see.  Do you have a side view?
How old is it?  Part Silkie?  Looks like it has a little crest. :)

5 weeks part silkie and EE. Dad is buff so hard to tell if there is red or not. Will see if I can get a good side pic.

Ah, buff and Silkie and EE? You're making it tough!
lol.png
5½ weeks is just at that turning point for most of the changes, and I agree with you that it looks more pullet overall. So far. Think you're going to have to wait a bit more. Hope you can update in a week or so.

@Wishing4Wings Just trying to keep you on your toes! I have 6 silkie/EE and 5 silkie/Japanese bantam babies all the same age. May be flooding you all with pics next week to help find at least a couple of pullets for my brother to take home.

Here's a challenge. This one is exactly 8 weeks old. I 1st thought male b/c the comb is wide. It is 1/2 English Orpington (11 lb roo) + 1/2 EE.
Now he/she looks so small & petite next to its siblings.

Here's a 6.5 week old brother: (See what I mean?)

Any guesses?

PJ

DJ
My other two silkie/EE crosses. Their dad was a white silkie. Same mom as the others I posted. They are 8 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom