Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

The chicks were born on the 31st of December. Parents are EE moms, and could be BLRW, Barred Rock, another EE or Black copper Maran.

To me, some of those combs have a strong Wyandotte influence, and in my very limited experience, those are harder to sex than more typical pea combs. Just turning 3 weeks today, they are pretty young, but male feather coloring might show up by next week, if you can post new pics. Any guess on my part at this point would really just be guessing, even though the combs do look large for the age. Except for maybe the last one, which looks like a male pea comb.

These three are technically not EE's, they are BBS Ameraucana. But the pea combs are suggesting to me that the black one and the darker blue one are roosters and the slightly lighter blue one is a pullet. They are about 14 and a half weeks.

These three are technically not EE's, they are BBS Ameraucana. But the pea combs are suggesting to me that the black one and the darker blue one are roosters and the slightly lighter blue one is a pullet. They are about 14 and a half weeks.

The black one has male saddle feathering. The blue one is male also. He's got a darker shade of blue on the wings/shoulder and has male hackle feathers visible.

Back
Top Bottom