Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

So we have had the WORST luck with chicks. We are 8/10 with our chicks being roos. We got 4 new chicks yesterday and were told they are 5 week old EE. Anyone want to guess on genders? Chick 1 (sorry it is so blurry, it was not happy to be held) Chick 2 Chick 3 Chick 4
I'm looking at chick number one as the only possible suspect rooster. When I raise EE and I see one with the color black coming out on the chest, they usually turn out to be male, except when the whole bird is black of course. The others look quite female to me. Good luck!

New to EEs, I now have 4 that are around 8 weeks or so. Thoughts on hen or roo...

Quote: Yes there are! Look at the hackle feathers that are hanging out from his tail. They are pointed.
The patterning does make it hard to tell but I'm pretty sure the feathers are pointy.

I suggest you click on the photo then below it click on "Original". When that comes up click it to its max size. You will see those feathers around the tail that you think are pointed are VERY rounded. If you follow the forum on a phone, well, I don't know how you can see the pictures well enough to tell shape and like @junebuggena said, they APPEAR pointed only because of the pointy dark centers running down them.

I have a Ming too.

Ming says hi to Ming Ming!

Ming is a BEAUTIFUL cat W4W!

Back
Top Bottom