Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Congrats on the pretty eggs!!!! It is nice when they lay different colors, you can keep tabs on who is laying.

Why a light from 6 AM to 4 PM, isn't is already light during that time? Well, maybe not at 6 AM, at least not here.
On the light - their coop is pretty shaded by trees and dark inside and when I first started them out there as 5 week olds I had a light on a timer during the day - they seemed to be happier and less scared with the light on. And I just left it on the timer because they won't go in at night if the light isn't on. Silly spoiled chickens. It's a low watt LED light, no heat.

Well I just am not good guessing! :) Easter eggers and barnyard mixes.. I just had another from an older group of chicks "I am certain it is a Roo" lay an egg this morning. :) I cannot complain about more layers! A black and white Easter egger roo will eventually find it's way to me. Thanks guys!

ya think? well hard to complain if it is a pullet, but was for once hoping for a Roo! :)

That makes you about 1 in a million here! Most everyone says "PLEASE tell me this is a pullet"
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom