Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

EDD379D9-331B-456F-862F-64B0943673C2.jpeg
Thanks for posting your cockerel pics.
You can see the the male comb on this one at 3 weeks. There are significant raised bumps on either side of the center ridge. Once you see it, you'll be able to recognize it in the future.

I don't even know what kind of chicken it is! I've never seen an EE with a mop on top. Muffs and beards yes, pompadours - no.
So it may not be an EE? Or it isn’t an EE? Bought from local breeder along with 3 others. Perhaps something got mixed up when we were given our choice to pick.

All my EEs have crests, muffs and beards, because dad is a crested Swedish Flower, mum a UK spec Araucana. They were about 14 weeks old when this was taken.
P1090981 cropped.jpg

I think the one on the left is a cockerel and the one on the right a pullet, but this thread has taught me to be cautious there!

Beautiful!! I am amazed to see all these color variations with EE’s. I’m new to chickens so I live on this website...informational as well as entertaining!
My EE rooster now at almost 22 weeks in the third picture. The first two were from a couple weeks ago. Not sure what the mix is but he hatched from a blue egg, has cheek poufs, and gray feathered legs. The colors are unreal! He has the typically green sheen on his black feathers but when the sun hits him right he actually has spots of royal blue on his wings. And his hackle and chest feathers have a lace pattern like a Wyandotte. Cream with black and black with red.
09BAC1FF-14B5-43C6-8903-E58C77F9A0F6.jpeg
C7F4C0AF-0700-4A53-B124-853D271D0C23.jpeg
7E95FC33-0A54-4320-A6AE-11D14CEFB160.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom