Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Quote:
Colorwise I agree they look female ish.. those pointier tail feathers are worrisome but I have a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte hen that had several very pointy tail feathers early on and they molted and now she doesn't have them. All other signs point to girl so hold your breath those babies fall out and she lays an egg instead of crows

Quote:
Definitely all girls.
smile.png

Is it possible to color sex EE's in the first couple days? 3 of my 4 seem to be just basically chick yellow. But one is yellowish with a black spot on it's head, and two spots on it's back. And one on either side of it's rump. Roo was a red sex link. Mother is pictured below...

102_5471.jpg

Quote:
I'm quoting an old post of Illia's to say that I'm documenting 14 EE chicks hatched October 8-9 and October 13th, from known parents, and will try to have a good set of high-definition photos of each of them individually (although the second nine have yet to have baby photos: amazing what an overload taking care of that many chicks can be!) including macro shots of comb development starting at two weeks; I'll continue this project as long as it takes to have all of them absolutely sexed, and will host the entire set at one of my blogs- probably at Dreamwidth, for intellectual property reasons.

These are the younger 9 this afternoon, at eight days old:

P1020285-1.jpg

Now I shal go back to reading the thread.

What do you think about these EE's? Their combs look like males to me but then I've only ever had 5 ee chicks
tongue.png
They're about 6-7 weeks old.

105483_chicks10_27sm.jpg

Kell is the darker one and Tamor is the lighter one

105483_kell.jpg
Kell's Comb
105483_kell2comb.jpg
Kell's Comb Again
105483_kell3wing.jpg
Kell's Wing
105483_kell4stand.jpg
Kell Standing

105483_tamorcomb.jpg
Tamor's Comb
105483_tamor1comb.jpg
Tamor's Comb Again
105483_tamor4f.jpg
Tamor's Feathers
105483_tamor2stand.jpg
Tamor Standing

Quote:
I think you'll have to watch a wait a couple more weeks on these 2. So far, no signs of being roos, but that can still change. Tamor's comb looks a bit pink, but some of my female EEs' combs were pink at 6 weeks too.

Quote:
I think you'll have to watch a wait a couple more weeks on these 2. So far, no signs of being roos, but that can still change. Tamor's comb looks a bit pink, but some of my female EEs' combs were pink at 6 weeks too.

I agree.. I have a female Americana who got a pink comb around 4-5 weeks.. sure she was a roo. Glad I didn't get rid of her. She's almost about to start laying
smile.png

Quote:
R.I.P.
Maximus..

he died today.. stil no signs of sickness... i was just sold a OLD bird.. poor little feller....

I know better now. Im not a newbie anymore. I was mislead, shame on me but double shame on the person who sold me this bird and the other three under false information. I just have no time for a lier. I'll not bad mouth or put out the name of the person.. but I will not be fooled again..

thanks for letting me vent a little and say goodbye to Maximus

)O(
Pink

Quote:
R.I.P.
Maximus..

he died today.. stil no signs of sickness... i was just sold a OLD bird.. poor little feller....

I know better now. Im not a newbie anymore. I was mislead, shame on me but double shame on the person who sold me this bird and the other three under false information. I just have no time for a lier. I'll not bad mouth or put out the name of the person.. but I will not be fooled again..

thanks for letting me vent a little and say goodbye to Maximus

)O(
Pink

awww... I am so sorry
sad.png
Terrible what some people will do/say to get what they want from someone else. I hope your heart is at peace knowing he was in a better place

Back
Top Bottom