Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

You can have friendly girls too! Though out of this batch I only have one girl that is overly friendly.
Oh I hope that's the case! Both Flower and May are so sweet, they seek out the kids and me, gently checking for treats, nuzzling our hands...really good little chicks. Diva is pushy, but not mean. Lucy is a piece of work. Screams the moment she sees a hand or face. If it wasn't scary to her, it'd be funny to me.
The others are nice, but more "chicken like" does that make sense?

Oh I hope that's the case! Both Flower and May are so sweet, they seek out the kids and me, gently checking for treats, nuzzling our hands...really good little chicks. Diva is pushy, but not mean. Lucy is a piece of work. Screams the moment she sees a hand or face. If it wasn't scary to her, it'd be funny to me. 
The others are nice, but more "chicken like" does that make sense?
It does make sense yes :)

I had this chick that was a day old, and I tried to give it to my broody hen (she wasn't ready) and she pecked it. It pecked her right back. In an attack mode too! Chicks can have all types of personalities, even at a day old.

It does make sense yes
smile.png

I had this chick that was a day old, and I tried to give it to my broody hen (she wasn't ready) and she pecked it. It pecked her right back. In an attack mode too! Chicks can have all types of personalities, even at a day old.
That's hysterical!

thanks guys. i hope they are girls. i will look out for colors on the wings, tail, and neck. i have 3 that are white right now. they all have pea combs and green leg. the guessing is fun...every week there is a new development.

Hey Illia, I am new at this and would like to ask you to look at these chicks and tell me what you think. I want to learn as much as I can, so any help will be welcome. This is my 10/11 week old EE. I assume she is a pullet, but I worried because she is so colorful. I got the impression that only the males were colorful. What do you think?

I think she is just colorful and possibly carries the mahogany gene. If you really want to be sure, get some pics of her back, wings out of the way, and of her wing (shoulders) in more detail than currently shown. Or, you can inspect her yourself and look for any glossy or pointed or toothy feathers. They will be small.

I just want to put this out there - If you have good, clear images of young Easter Eggers you're willing to let me use for a chart, go ahead and PM me those photos. It doesn't matter if you do or don't know the gender, just as long as the EE isn't solid white. /img/smilies/smile.png
Did you end up making a chart Illa? I'm always going back and quoting you when helping others sex their EE's :)

Actually I didn't.
hmm.png
I got one source I believe and after that I sort of forgot about it. It still stands though, as I'm still certainly willing to make it. I guess I should just ask around when I see good images.

Actually I didn't. :/ I got one source I believe and after that I sort of forgot about it. It still stands though, as I'm still certainly willing to make it. I guess I should just ask around when I see good images.

I have tons of images, and would be more than willing to help :) It's something I think would be extremely helpful!

Back
Top Bottom