Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

This is Frankie. S/he was hatched on Mother's Day - will be 5 weeks old this weekend.
I've gotten comments that S/he is the dreaded cockerel.
Just hoping that he looks more like a She this week!?
She is the coolest bird EVER. <sniffle>

Please Please tell me She is a She!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Here are the 'most likely suspects' a few weeks older. I now suppose they are all pullets, but hey... who doesn't like looking at pics? We are at 11 weeks now, I think.

Suspect #1 (in foreground, both pics):

Suspect #2:

Both are pullets for sure. Hey.. If Illia says so, it's so.
wink.png
I've never seen her wrong yet.

This is Frankie. S/he was hatched on Mother's Day - will be 5 weeks old this weekend.

barnie.gif
5 weeks is a mite early, at least on this one. Nothing here screams cockerel to me yet, so hold on a couple more weeks. If the comb starts growing a lot bigger and gets really red and deep red patches show up on the shoulders by the time 8 weeks rolls around, it's a cockerel.

Well, thank you! And I'm always wishing for Wellsummers or something laced... The grass is always greener, right? I got ours at the local feed store. Unionville Feed.
OMG!  I love suspect #2, too!  My EE are not that beautiful!  Next year I want to get a true blue wheaten Ameraucana!  Where did you get your chicks?

Here are the 'most likely suspects' a few weeks older. I now suppose they are all pullets, but hey... who doesn't like looking at pics? We are at 11 weeks now, I think.

Suspect #1 (in foreground, both pics):

Suspect #2:

Such pretty girls! Thanks for showing chick pics of "Blackbeard." Next time I get babies, I'm going to look for one like her. "Graybeard" is gorgeous too. Was she a yellow chick?

's

barnie.gif

Sorry, but can't tell on this one. I'm not very good with the black and white ones. Do you have a closer view of Frankie's comb?

Illia is fine I chatted with her, she is just busy this time of the year.

Jen1399 I have one similar in color to yours and I was told it is a Roo also, But I am not convinced yet mine is about 5 weeks old now.

Last edited:
I've had some suspicions on my EE's (I believe? Maybe Americauna?) gender. (Name: Heritage) She's about 11 weeks old and I was thinking she was a pullet? I came outside in the morning the other day and heard her crowing. Sort of an awkward crow...
tongue.png
She did it later in the afternoon as well. I've heard hens crow sometimes too! She has always been very friendly to people and she loves sitting on my shoulder and my arm like a hawk! Ever since she was little. Now she's been very bossy to the other three chickens we have. One Barred Rock, One Red Star, One Black Star, all about 7 or 8 weeks old. (Names: Dyna, Sinco, and Inkwell.) All hens.. we think. Just worried we'll have to give her away! I love her to death!! Hoping she's the little girl we think she is! Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks for the help! Here are some pics... I can post more if needed!

Heritage at about 5 weeks:

Heritage Now (About 11 weeks):

Sorry, but Heritage is a cockerel. He's got a big red comb (pullets don't get them until much later around 4-5 months), and deep red in his shoulders.
It always end up being the sweetest and favorite!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom