Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Thank you, I certainly hope the sexing was accurate. Would be a shame if they turned out to be male, I'm only allowed one roo here and I planned on mating these two with my current EE roo to keep the bloodlines of my flock healthy as my other two hens are his sisters.

Here are my "girls". I bought them all as pullets, supposedly vent sexed, but there are a couple of suspects.
This is a link to their thread, since there are just way too many pictures to repost. I am pretty sure they are all EEs, but according to some people they aren't. I think they are all beautiful and am very happy with them. Let me know what you think...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ous-updated-pics-7-6-12-bought-as-ameraucanas

So I'm confused now, because i have one who seems very much like a pullet (comparing with my others at 8 weeks), but she (he?) is almost white, with coppery feathers around the shoulders. However her stance, feather type, etc. all look like the others. she is on the right here.

oh what a shame about the roosters Jennifer. :(

Ok so here are my girls, they were posing quite nicely when I went out this am. All photos are out in full 9 am sun, no flash and no color correction. :) I put up the face shot but there's a lot more in the album including full overhead body shots. I didn't want to slow down the thread with my pics.

If you didn't see my prior post, these were "hatchery sexed pullets".

SEE ALBUM HERE:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52312690@N06/sets/72157630451540478/

Carmen (left) Lacey (right) 5 weeks 2 days old

I agree with Lothiriel. Nothing screaming roo yet, but better to wait a couple of weeks to be sure.

So I'm confused now, because i have one who seems very much like a pullet (comparing with my others at 8 weeks), but she (he?) is almost white, with coppery feathers around the shoulders. However her stance, feather type, etc. all look like the others. she is on the right here.

I'm pretty positive that's a pullet. Looks just like my friend's EE, and she's gorgeous!

The color showing on your pullet is very pale and evenly spread, not patchy. Very girly.
big_smile.png

This 8 wk cockerel has the dark red boy patches. At 6 wks, he only had a few red feathers showing.

EE cockerels of all colors seem to get these red feathers on their wings.

The color showing on your pullet is very pale and evenly spread, not patchy. Very girly.
big_smile.png

This 8 wk cockerel has the dark red boy patches. At 6 wks, he only had a few red feathers showing.

EE cockerels of all colors seem to get these red feathers on their wings.
Okay, thanks! We love Opal, she is quite the character! Glad she's going to be making us breakfast. This thread has been very helpful. I have taken all the EE's off 'rooster watch!"

Back
Top Bottom