Easter Egger Sexing

I took the first two pictures around 6 weeks and the bottom pic is her now free ranging the yard at 8 weeks. She has turned a really gorgeous red color.

Attachments

• 20200403_225846.jpg
    20200403_225846.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200403_225859.jpg
    20200403_225859.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 17
Here are mine...they were just two weeks old. The one I am wondering about is right in front. She (?) has been bigger and most outgoing of the five since day one, but otherwise I don't have any particular reason to think she might be a he...any guesses?

PS I hope it's OK to hop onto your thread -- if not I can start a new one :)

chicks4.6.20.jpg

Here are mine...they were just two weeks old. The one I am wondering about is right in front. She (?) has been bigger and most outgoing of the five since day one, but otherwise I don't have any particular reason to think she might be a he...any guesses?

View attachment 2078235

It's way too early to tell. But they do look feminine at a glance. Precious 🖤🖤

View attachment 2078235
It’s hard to tell from your pic but it looks like she has three rows on her pea comb. That’s a good indication that ‘she’ could be a ‘he’ at that age. Keep an eye on that one, another two or three weeks and you’ll know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom