easter egger traits

chooster the rooster

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 9, 2009
Im looking to be buying my chickens soon here. There 5 weeks old now or somewhere around there. are there anythings to be looking for when I go pick them out. If you could post pics for identification that would be helpful to.
Thanks....Cody

If you want blue eggs, try to find chicks with a pea comb. It's not a guarantee, but it will improve your chances. Most EE's have muffs and a beard, and slate or willow legs. Is this what you are looking for?
22798_ginseng_6_wks.jpg

Last edited:
i bought some EE's the last one left only laid brown eggs
sad.png

so i got some realy pretty minty greenish blueish eggs from houndit...
so im hoping they will lay the same color...

Last edited:
I wouldn't know what to look for, other than to add that a peacomb at 5 weeks of age is going to look rather like no comb at all, like just a bald spot, as opposed to the other types of combs.

I think my 6 EEs are just awesome. Princess Penelope lays a big, light olive egg almost every day and the other 5 have only just started laying. I don't know who's doing what, but collectively they're giving me another light olive, a minty green and a sky blue.

They came from Ideal Hatchery, except for Princess Penelope. She came from a pretty sky blue egg, but her eggs are kinda, well...not blue.

The ones I looked at a little bit I think were darker then that. They have year old ones and look just like a partridge rocks. I can't remember if I saw any comb or what colors the legs were. The year old ones have no muffs or beard so Im not sure. Thanks for the help anyway.

Feather color can be anything, so don't go by that. I'd go more by the comb, legs, beard, muff, and of course, whether or not they lay green or blue eggs.

If you want to look at more pictures, there are TONS of EE threads with photos on here. Just do a search.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom