Easter egger with bubbles in corner of one eye (pics)

The bubbles or foam are a possible symptom. You would have to get testing to know for sure. A lab such as Zoologix with let you collect swabs for testing, or your state vet might help you. In CA, that should be less expensive. If you ever lose a chicken, CA has 4 locations where they will do a necropsy and testing very inexpensively. You can take in or get a prepaid shipping label for Fedex.

The bubbles or foam are a possible symptom. You would have to get testing to know for sure. A lab such as Zoologix with let you collect swabs for testing, or your state vet might help you. In CA, that should be less expensive. If you ever lose a chicken, CA has 4 locations where they will do a necropsy and testing very inexpensively. You can take in or get a prepaid shipping label for Fedex.
Oh wow I can ship a dead chicken? Or do I ship it live and they KO it once it arrives?

I will for sure look into getting testing done asap, thank you! It certainly would be better to just find out for sure than stare my chickens to death and speculate 🧐

Do you notice any swelling of the ear or infection inside her ear?
Honestly I didn’t check her ear, I should have when I caught her and wiped out her eye and put neosporin on…

I just looked back at the video I took of her and her fluffy cheeks are in the way so I can’t see her ear clearly. I will make a trip out to the coop to check. What additional clue would an ear infection give me? Or lack thereof?

Thank you for your help 🙏❤️

Well, I was just wondering if the ear had infection in addition to her having bubbles in the eyes. If it's infected too, then you'd want to clean it out.
Ah of course, duh 😅 thank you for that!

Just braved the CA cold to check and her ear looks normal, no swelling or redness, her eye also looks great, no swelling or bubbles

Back
Top Bottom