Easter Egger with yellow legs? updated with a pic

SierraMadreMadre

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 10, 2011
I picked out a cute little chick from the feed store, she is chipmunk patterned so I assumed that she is an easter egger, but she has yellow legs. do all easters have green legs or could they be yellow. And if they are yellow does that indicate the color egg she'll eventually lay? I'd post a pic but as a new member I can't.
Edit to add: have enough post to upload a picture now so here it is. after reading your responses I'm pretty sure she is an EE, she is the lighter colored chipmunk in the middle.
76299_dsc02776.jpg

Last edited:
An Easter Egger can have any color legs because they are not a pure breed with any particular standard. Leg color has nothing to do with egg color at all. EEs can even lay brown eggs. If you really want blue eggs, you'd need to get an Ameraucana from a breeder since no hatchery carries true Ameraucanas that I know of.

Quote:
EEs are like a box of chocolate, as Forest Gump would say. You never know what you're gonna get, they come in any color for plumage, leg and beak as well as any style comb and any egg color... although green, blue and brown are most common egg colors. They're truely the suprise package chicken.

No- Sussex have white legs. It's more likely a brown leghorn (if it's from the feed store) or a welsummer (not as likely). However- the olive eggers that I hatched from my own welsummer x ameraucana crossing all have yellow legs and lay olive green eggs.

Back
Top Bottom