Easter Egger

shobutler2000

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 26, 2013
Chandlerville, Illinios
I got three easter eggers this year for my girls. I was just trying to figure out what color they are. How old do they have to be before they start to lay. My bard rocks have been laying for 3 weeks now. But they were a couple weeks older. Honey, blue and lollie pop are great with my girl. They are just wounderful pets. The first pic is lollie pop. Sencond is all three left to right lollie,blue and honey. Third is blue and honey. Fourth and fith is blue. Sixth is honey. My two year old loves her chickens. These three will let her pack them around the yard. Our other laying hen not so much. My other daughter is 6 and she likes to learn about her chickens

All look like pullets to me--they don't really have color names since they aren't standard bred. My pullets (EEs included) usually settle down nice once they start laying. Most of my EEs have started laying by 23ish-weeks.

Last edited:
You have some beautiful hens!

Agreed, Easter eggers don't really have a "color", they're just mixes so pretty much anything's fair game. The blue bird looks pretty close to laying, I'd say eggs shouldn't be far away from her at least. Can't really see the other's combs well enough to say.

You have some beautiful hens!

Agreed, Easter eggers don't really have a "color", they're just mixes so pretty much anything's fair game. The blue bird looks pretty close to laying, I'd say eggs shouldn't be far away from her at least. Can't really see the other's combs well enough to say.

X2

Back
Top Bottom