Easter Eggers or Wyandottes

Wheeks

In the Brooder
May 8, 2015
I got an order of chicks from meyer hatchery, half dozen of easter eggers and various wyandottes. But for the life of me I can't tell what I truely was given, plus I'm missing chicks from my order and thus am not sure WHAT I'm missing. What would be the best way to IDing them? I should have 6 EE, 2 Red-Laced Wyandottes and 3-Blue Laced Red Wyandottes.

Pics will be the best way for us to help you.

You should be able to tell by their combs- wyandottes have a rose comb & the EE 'should' have a pea comb. The EE might have fluffier cheeks but not always. How old are they now?

Wyandotte chicks should have yellow legs and rose combs. EE chicks *may* have greenish/dark legs, poofy cheeks and pea combs - the "may" is because there is no breed standard for EE and you can encounter clean faced chicks and chicks with legs of a different color due to the mix of genetics that goes into them. If you post photos of the chicks you received we should be able to help you sort them out.

I want to say I've identified the red laced and the single one I'm holding it the blue laced red. No idea about the yellow chick, it was a free add on "meal maker" chick.

Back
Top Bottom