Easter Eggers

LunarRayne

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
SW Arkansas
I am pretty sure these are all pullets, but I am just making sure. They were hatched on 3-22, so they are around 5 weeks old. Thanks everyone!!

88311_blondeee1.jpg

88311_blondeee2.jpg

88311_twinee1.jpg

88311_twinee12.jpg

88311_twinee13.jpg

88311_twinee21.jpg

88311_twinee22.jpg

And this one was hatched on 3-2, so it is around 8 weeks old. Again, pretty positive it is a pullet.

88311_bunny1.jpg

88311_bunny2.jpg

I hope so! My Aunt has 8 chicks she believes are roos and she said she is going to share. I really want the pullets as I am trying to avoid the chicken math. ( I want more silkie chicks, lol.)

Thanks!!!

Ok so #1 is really starting to make me wonder now. It holds its wings differently and it looks like it has saddle feathers. Here is a pic from May 6th

88311_1pic1.jpg

88311_1pic2.jpg

I had a side view, but I can't find it.

Thanks for the help!!

I so hope you are correct! I really don't want a rooster. My Aunt is going to give me a few since she is so over loaded with roosters!

Not to burst your bubble, but Easter Eggers are the hardest to sex! They have very little differences until the pointy hackle/ saddle feathers come in. I played this game for months last summer.

Quote:
Hi Aunt Cindy!

I think the hackle feather are starting to look pointy. I am watching it. It has a very flat orange comb, which makes me think that it is female, because it looks like my other 3. Only time will tell.

Quote:
I have been told this about the Silkies as well... I have 2 of those
sad.png

Thanks everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom