So I don’t have one, but I was thinking of buying an instant pot. So do you put water in to cover eggs at room temperature and cook for a specific time?
They're steamed, just a little bit of water on the bottom, steam up to three minutes if you want hard boiled. Amy and Jackie site has tested instant pot recipes.

I'm not sure how long to steam on stovetop. I usually shock mine in ice water after they're done cooking.

Good afternoon! I decided to hard boil several dozen of fresh eggs for a Easter Breakfast.
I have never done this before- so I was hoping people here would share their tips. 😊 🐣
I did buy an egg cooker- but wasn’t sure if I should use that or go by boiling. I do need to refrigerate them after coloring- so hoping they peel okay!
Thanks so much! I have to make 5 dozen !
Otherwise I might do random experiments- 🤣
I just finished 3 experiments! One steamed on stove top for 15 min. The egg cracked.
Then I boiled water with plain vinager about 1 T. Added eggs in with a spoon in boiling water. Boiled for 5 minutes turned off the water- let sit for 20 minutes. Removed and let cool. No ice bath.
Turned out perfect!
3) I tried with plain water- same method above. Water didn’t cover egg- egg cracked.
All tasted delicious!
I am thinking the rice steamer must be amazing because the stove top not so much.

Thanks for sharing- I did find one method that will work! Mission accomplished!
I did use eggs over a week old.

The cracked egg was a fresh one- so maybe that steamer would of worked with older eggs?

I do have a plan! I will buy white eggs and do 2.5 dozen each for church on Easter!
Thank you for all your tips!
When I have doubts I always go to the chicken experts!

They're steamed, just a little bit of water on the bottom, steam up to three minutes if you want hard boiled. Amy and Jackie site has tested instant pot recipes.

I'm not sure how long to steam on stovetop. I usually shock mine in ice water after they're done cooking.
I think I went 15 minutes and the egg cracked. So less time? The egg didn’t cook through- it was soft inside. One day I will get an insta pot! I live in a very simple small home- tiny living extreme! Haha! The garage is bigger than the whole house! So I have a limited amount of items in the kitchen.
But I could store it in the garage when not in use.

I steam eggs in a pasta pot using the strainer part as the steamer basket. I think if you are going to steam them, it’s better to use a basket as having them in direct contact with the bottom of the pan will be too hot on just one side. (this is okay with boiling because the circulating water keeps the temperature even over the entire egg. I steam 1 dozen for 17 minutes, then add another minute or two if I’m doing 2 dozen.

The 4, 4, 4 method. 4 minutes in instapot under pressure. Turn off and let sit another 4 minutes. Release pressure slowly. Soak in cold water 4 minutes. Perfect eggs that peel easily every time. Only add a small amount of water to cover the bottom of your pot. Use a silicone egg tray to keep eggs off the bottom of your pot.

Another way is to add your eggs to hot water and bring to boil. Turn off burner and cover pot. Let sit 15 minutes. Transfer eggs to a pot of cold water. Let sit 10 minutes. Perfect eggs.

The 4, 4, 4 method. 4 minutes in instapot under pressure. Turn off and let sit another 4 minutes. Release pressure slowly. Soak in cold water 4 minutes. Perfect eggs that peel easily every time. Only add a small amount of water to cover the bottom of your pot. Use a silicone egg tray to keep eggs off the bottom of your pot.

Another way is to add your eggs to hot water and bring to boil. Turn off burner and cover pot. Let sit 15 minutes. Transfer eggs to a pot of cold water. Let sit 10 minutes. Perfect eggs.
Does your boiling method work for fresh eggs? I have always had trouble peeling fresh boiled eggs and thats why I use the steamer

#2 of your methods is how I usual do it...
But alas..have you heard of the airfryer way...
I stick them in at 250 for 20 min, cool in cool water, peel, and put in fridge...you could just put them in the fridge

Back
Top Bottom