Not the usual hard boiled egg issue

Sally PB

Addict
Premium Feather Member
Aug 7, 2020
Belding, MI
Nope, it's not the usual "They're impossible to peel!" problem. They peel better than any hard boiled eggs I've made in a pot of boiling water. The problem is, most of the shells crack. This last batch was 7 out of 10.

I've been cooking them in my Instant Pot. 5 minutes pressure, 5 minutes natural pressure release, release the remaining pressure and put the eggs into cold water.

Is there some trick I don't know?

All my hens are laying right now, and I'm getting lots of eggs. DH loves hard boiled eggs as a quick snack or addition to his lunch.

Nope, it's not the usual "They're impossible to peel!" problem. They peel better than any hard boiled eggs I've made in a pot of boiling water. The problem is, most of the shells crack. This last batch was 7 out of 10.

I've been cooking them in my Instant Pot. 5 minutes pressure, 5 minutes natural pressure release, release the remaining pressure and put the eggs into cold water.

Is there some trick I don't know?

All my hens are laying right now, and I'm getting lots of eggs. DH loves hard boiled eggs as a quick snack or addition to his lunch.
Hi! For instant pot, put eggs on trivet, use low pressure for six minutes with 1 cup of cold water for hard boiled, three minutes for soft boiled. Then into ice bath.

This is with room temperature eggs.

Hi! For instant pot, put eggs on trivet, use low pressure for six minutes with 1 cup of cold water for hard boiled, three minutes for soft boiled. Then into ice bath.

This is with room temperature eggs.
Thank you! I will do that next time. The eggs are room temp, I do use 1 cup of cold water, but it was high pressure for 5 minutes.

Did you do a natural or quick pressure release?

Back
Top Bottom