Hard-boiling eggs

I'm a little late on this thread, but wondering if anyone has suggestions for adjusting the cooking time for hard boiled smaller (pullet) eggs? My eggs are around 45 gram each, or about 1-1/2 oz. I would think to cook them less time, but how much? Any suggestions?

I've tried EVERY trick on the internet, but no matter what EVERY egg from my coop is ruined when hard-boiled. Peeling the shells ends up cracking, gouging, and ruining the egg. I've tried using "old" eggs, the batch I did today have been in the fridge for a month. I"ve tried fresh eggs, no luck. I've tried hot water, cold water, vinegar in water, baking powder in water, letting them boil 7 min, 13 min, ice baths after boiling, rolling them on the counter, shaking them in water, and a hundred other things. 90% of my eggs are too beat up for deviled eggs or red beet eggs and I end up eating tons of egg salad.

The membrane that comes between the shell and white usually is tough and sticks to the shell in store-bought eggs, and I can almost always peel a whole egg in a few large chunks. The membrane in my home-grown is weak, sticks to the whites, and when tiny bits of shell are pulled off, also half of the whites come off with it...
I'm desperate at this point, any suggestions?
Ive heard LIGHTLY tapping the top of the egg until you hear a "click" can help. I haven't had any luck and actually made a post asking about boiling eggs too. These dang eggs are gonna kill me. Im debating on buying eggs to boil.

Back
Top Bottom