Easter reminder

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Blondiega1, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Blondiega1

Blondiega1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Dallas, Ga.
    I couldn't find one, so I created one.
    Feel free to save and share.
    It's not my intention to offend anyone, I simply want people to THINK before they buy.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Good one!

I would like to offer that if anyone sees this who went ahead and got ducklings on a whim, please don't be offended. Rather, learn from the Duck Forum and if it gets to be too much, get help through the forum for finding a home for the littles. Please don't abandon them.

So, I may copy and share this on other social media? Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  3. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    I posted it on Facebook. Pretty sure most of my friends are responsible enough to not do this, but there are a few...

4. Blondiega1

Nov 5, 2010
    Dallas, Ga.
    You sure can.
    And I agree. If you've bought a duckling already, please just fine it a good home if it gets to be more than you bargained for.
    Goodness knows I've taken in my fair share of Easter Ducklings over the last several years.

5. Madelennon

Madelennon Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Haslet,Texas
    This is a picture of our Easter ducklings! We got ducklings 3 weeks ago & now it's Easter! I think we did it in reverse!!! Hahaha! But seriously, I have rescued more than one CHICK at the duck pond after Easter. Seriously. [​IMG]

6. Buck Oakes

Buck Oakes Chillin' With My Peeps

I know i'm going to be prepared this year, now that there are neighborhoods near our land like directly across the street and soon behind us, i'm either going to take in some ducks or people are gonna drop them off at the gate, or none of it will happen but ya know what ever ducks come, they stay, except for if it fights the others, in that case i use my chain of duck people to find a good home for them.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  7. Madelennon

Madelennon Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Haslet,Texas
    & I'm shameless. I love this picture & want to share it with everyone.

8. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    It's already spreading around my Facebook friends. LOTS of reposts already.

9. Blondiega1

Nov 5, 2010
    Dallas, Ga.
    Woot!!
    Share it!!

10. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    A friend of mine made a similar one wit her ducks. Unfortunately, I am having trouble reaching the people who need to see the message. Most of my friends already know not to do this.

Also, we need a reminder NOT to pick up wild/feral ducklings and goslings at the parks/lakes. Too many kids have been interested in stealing ducklings and goslings from their mother at the lake I go to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by