Eastern Iowa Poultry Club 141st annual Show Thanksgiving weekend

Black Cochin Bantams

Songster
9 Years
Feb 24, 2010
Iowa
Eastern Iowa Poultry Club is an organization that puts on 1 sanctioned show per year on Thanksgiving weekend. Held near Iowa City, Iowa. Have had over 2000 birds on several occasions. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a member PM me and I will send you the contact information. The show last year was the 140th annual show. The club was established in 1870. This will also be the western national show for Cochins International.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Quote:
I forgot to mention that the website for information on this falls show will be updated and posted on the clubs website in the near future. http://www.easterniowapoultryshow.com/

The link doesn't work. Does anyone have more info on this? I would like to know more. I plan to go but I'm not sure which day or time is best.

Quote:
I forgot to mention that the website for information on this falls show will be updated and posted on the clubs website in the near future. http://www.easterniowapoultryshow.com/

The link doesn't work. Does anyone have more info on this? I would like to know more. I plan to go but I'm not sure which day or time is best.

SO SORRY that the website is not functioning. The club president has been trying to get it back up and operating. The show building opens on Saturday at 6 AM and closes at 5:30 PM. Judging starts at 9 AM Saturday. Sunday the building will open at 7AM and the auction starts at 9 with birds to be released by 11. I would come on Saturday morning or afternoon. While you can't be in an aisle where judging is taking place you can always see across and come back later if you found something interesting. The reason I say Sat AM is that if interested in purchasing birds or whatever else there is it probably won't be picked over then. The best stuff goes early.
Craig

Last edited:
Does anybody know what they will be bringing to sell? I know that nobody knows for sure but I was just wondering if anybody had a general idea.
Thanks,
Jim

Quote:
It is a Cochin International -WesterN National Meet so I expect some Cochins. It is the ABA and APA State meet.Plymouth Rock of America State meet and Wyandotte Breeders of America State meet. Maybe some others I don't remember. This show comes after the Crossroads show and Columbus National meet so I have no idea how many birds and what breeds may be there.
Craig

Quote:
The show is located 5 miles east of Iowa City in the Sharpless Auction building 1/4 mile east of exit 249 on interstate 80 on the right(south side of the road).

If anyone else has questions please ask and I will try to get the answers.

Craig

Anyone who wants to be a member of the Eastern Iowa Poultry Association can join at the show. Membership is $15 per year. Membership is not required to attend or enjoy the show. Free parking and no admission fee to the show.

Craig

I will be making my second trip to this show next weekend. Camera in tow. Looking forward to everthing but the drive to and from Columbus.

Back
Top Bottom