Eastern Panhandle WV (MD, VA, PA) Chickenstock -July10th Gower's Feed

For some reason, I am getting inendated with calls about this one.. where I may have gotten a dozen emails and two phone calls about the springstock. I thought that would've been the big one??? Anyway, Im feeling good about having plenty of customers.. as usual and, I think, we'll have plenty to sell as well. I know I'll have plenty myself!
smile.png

Oh and... FLYERS!!!! ya'll better be helpin out! Im doing everything I can but, can't get the word out in places I don't go. If everyone put up 3, we could really get the word out.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/msbear33/chckenstockflyersummer.jpg

Quote:
I brought chicks and ducklings to the last one and the tester told me that I should have had paperwork (which I am assuming was NPIP cert.) with me just to bring the birds into WV. He just kind of looked the other way, but wasn't happy that I didn't have the Pa. paperwork. He did say that if I had the papers, I wouldn't have to get the chicks or ducklings tested there. I think he said only birds above 3 months.

Thanks Deb. The only thing is, no one wants to come out and NPIP certify our birds. I called the Dept. of Ag and many others last year and finally just gave up. If I brought just my testing papers for AI and Pollurum I think I should be good.

Don't worry about testing the chicks, Hannah. Just bring what paperwork you have.. That should be fine. Sorry, I didn't answer your question before... didn't get passed the part where you said you were coming... was too egg-cited
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thanks, wished it worked out better, but with BBS ,wheaten, cuckoo marans,BLRW,EX. leghorns that I have more $ tied up in and hubby wants to breed pure and I want to cross to get bluw wheaten,blue cuckoo,golden cuckoo marans the orps - well I lost that battle and a 15 yr old wanting a car does not help. My granddad is not doing well again too. So it is better for such great birds to go to someone who can put in the work on them. I'll tell you one thing she is a great broody , does not peck at you to see if any have pipped yet. Doing a great job. So I will have them( the pair) at the sale if I do not sell them before. I'm tring to get hubby to sell his cochin crosses too. just don't have room for a mutt pen. cute as they are. I may be selling my blue egg layer ameruacana hen too. Tammy how was your egg color on the BCM before you sold them? I'm hoping my blues will give the cuckoos better egg color in a few years. I seem to be well on the way to have gone chicken crazy did a head count ( roasters included) we are at 127 ! Oh did I say I'm getting more at the sale! at least I'm selling off some. Is there a 3 step program for being chicken crazy? Jonathon will not be happy to see me next time. How is his girlfriend doing?

Forgot I've post 4 flyers
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Just so there is no duplication of effort, I put flyers at the feedstore in Clear Brook, VA (north of Winchester on Rt. 11), and the feedstore in Berryville. I'm am glad to see so many people interested in "ChickenStock".

Question, you said folks could sell farm related items. I make Jersey milk soap and sell it at farmers markets here. Can I bring some to sell at chickenstock? Or would you not consider something like that? It's made from the milk from our 3 Jersey girls, and since it's not legal to sell raw milk in our 3 states here, it's one way for me to use extra milk.

Thanks- Laura

Quote:
Hey Laura, you absolutely can bring your soap!! I will probably have sodas and baked goods, craft items and whatever country looking stuff I can drag out of the shed; old watering cans, planters, etc.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom