Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
What are you looking for?

Well...i was HOPING for a chick or a pip but since there has been no movement since last wednesday, and still none yesterday and nothing notable this morning, my hopes are gone. Completely gone.
hit.gif

LOL.. ajacskr meant what kind of eggs are you wanting.

Quote:
Well...i was HOPING for a chick or a pip but since there has been no movement since last wednesday, and still none yesterday and nothing notable this morning, my hopes are gone. Completely gone.
hit.gif

LOL.. ajacskr meant what kind of eggs are you wanting.

Sorry, it's Monday....a TYPICAL Monday. To be a smart alec I'll say uhhhhh chicken eggs? To be not so smart i'd say pretty much anything, we were hoping this silkie would pop out from under it's mama but thats not gonna happen, my daughter would love some more silkies, but i'm open to just about anything. Maybe i should have another cup of coffee while i'm sitting here zoning off!
tongue.png

Nellbean has had more experience with many birds, although I am not sure she has had them that cramped or not. She might offer some other advice as well. It is probably going to be a wait and see thing as far as pecking and such.

If you dont have a poop board below your roost yet, I would suggest one. I would say your big worry will probably be keeping it really clean with that many in that space. A poop board will def help. If you dont know about them, get back to me and I will be more specific. Also keep that sucker ventilated.

Quote:
We have 2 roost that go across the width. So 2- 3 foot roost. I think we are going to add one more. I don't have poop boards. I do use pine shavings. I had planed on changing it once a week. I do let them out into the run. During the day. They all seem to be doing well together. They all took a dirt bath together the other day.​

(This is a stretch, I know) Is the woman I sold bantam Delawares to last year in here? (imagine me yelling above a crowd)

I have the eggs she has been waitting for for a year now and I lost her contact in my email... seems it is so deep I can't find it.

Sorry for the interuption. Carry on. LOL

Well, so we have more rain. Like we need it. I have put 6 more eggs in bator. Chickens are still locked up. I found the perfect moveable fence by Gallagher called Smart Fence. That will help get the goats in after I get a shed up for them. Can not mow when things are this wet but goats can eat it.
lol.png

Quote:
ARGHHHHH to the rain!!!! Although I went and bought my thermometer/hydrometer today, and sitting on my dining room table i've got 62% humidity!! LOLNow if only i could handly my house around 100 degrees, i could just hatch them on the kitchen counter! I went all the way to Johnson city this morning, and just got back into town, I'm ready for a nap and its so dreary I dont even want to load my dishwasher. Could i borrow a goat or 3? Just got a new John Deere last week and have gotten to mow like a postage stamp size of the yard from where my other one died, Now it needs done again and i'm not gonna kill the new mower on the wet grass!

eh, i had big plans today to clean up and set up outside. and buy new materials for, or probably because lazy, just buy four or five new big cages (unless any7one has cheap easy designs for making?). thinking maybe shouldnt get more than few for existing critters though, as ill want to fill them then (could use old cages piled up). also was supposed to go over and help get new run and coop set up, but hopefully he postponed for rain, though also was supposed to pick up two hens, and drop off two roosters and maybe chicks for permanent swap (as just like sisters to one i have, and been bargaining for months trying to get them too, as they hardly lay and wont brood or even nest for him). got hit to heck, trying to get eggs from broody hens to candle for development and fertility... anyone know if im over concerned about my one hen maybe not turning her eggs?

got *bit* to heck, trying to get eggs from broody hens to candle for development and fertility...

anyone know if im over concerned about my one hen maybe not turning her eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom