Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Well I do have chicks, they're about a week old and I can tell the roosters from the hens through feather development.

@stanglover, interesting, as i never learned to tell by feathers, yet, just combs and behavior with success so far, but learning new methods would let me know what to feed off at appropriate ages, and what i want to keep and try to use later. how many or what would you want for them?

I bought chicks from poultrylady a few years ago then a couple weeks ago and am always happy with my chicks I get from her!

86609_imag0191.jpg

Our cat Elvis chilling with one of the new chicks

Quote:
As many as he wants .50 per rooster chick, 2.00 for pullet chicks. I have 24 RIR's, of course I'm going to keep one roo for myself and several pullets.

Hey guys, still looking for Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks, the prices of the Foley's and Paul's chicks are kinda steep since they're st run, if they were sexed it'd be worth paying the 8.50 per and then the shipping on top of that but my luck I'd pay that much money and get mostly roosters.
hmm.png
Anywho, I have RIR's, EE's, and SLW's that hatched about a week ago if anyone is interested in some cute lil fuzzy butts, just trying to thin them down to a more manageable number. I'm hesitant to buy hatchery BLRW's because Foley's site was saying they don't care if they send ya single comb chicks and chicks that they bred golden laced into to keep the color giving you more of a golden look instead of red. Just don't want poor quality chicks. Oh, I have an EE rooster for sale $5 mostly white and not mean, and golden comet hens $8 already laying. Just trying to make some more room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom