Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went today. It may have been white wyandottes...I just saw white and assume leghorn. The bantams are golden sebrights, pretty sure. They've had them a week or two, I think.

i was over there pretty early..10ish? After i got my taxes done (sigh).

Also, meant to add on here. As of last week I had 5 broodies. ALL of my mottled cochin hens. 1 had chicks and 4 were on eggs. I took the one away from the chicks (she was ready) and 1 of the remaining 4 broke. so only 3 left now. 1 of my barred cochins is thinking about it too.

I was there around 11ish because I was on my way to my nieces B-Day party.. I had to get more waterers, with this over abundance of chicks, water is hard to keep in the brooders.

I was wondering if anyone in East Tennessee would like to trade some hatching Eggs?? I have some extra Red Golden Pheasant eggs and would like to have some Lady Amherst Eggs in Return.. PM me if interested. Also I have 2 extra polish chicks, 3 weeks old if someone would like to trade me some seabrights, or Silkies or Cochins or something fancy!!

Quote:
Welcome, Welcome.

I am just down in Talbott.

Hey there I noticed u have French black copper marans , do u happen to have any for sale or know anyone close,I'm looking for atleast one hen or pullet

Sorry mine are just 4 weeks old. Have been trying to get a start, just seems like it takes forever. This is my project for 2012.

Thanks for asking.

Quote:
Don't know if you would be interested, but, I just ordered some BLRW from a small hatchey out of Iowa. All the chicks I ordered from them arrived very healthy. ZERO shipping loss. Got the first order about 3 weeks and still have not lost any. Mrs Etta seems to have very good stock. After a lot of digging could NOT find enough bad to fill a thimble.

Here is thier web site if you want to check it out.

Schlecht Hatchery http://schlechthatchery.com/

Quote:
Don't know if you would be interested, but, I just ordered some BLRW from a small hatchey out of Iowa. All the chicks I ordered from them arrived very healthy. ZERO shipping loss. Got the first order about 3 weeks and still have not lost any. Mrs Etta seems to have very good stock. After a lot of digging could NOT find enough bad to fill a thimble.

Here is thier web site if you want to check it out.

Schlecht Hatchery http://schlechthatchery.com/

They're sold out until spring 2012
hmm.png

Anyone in the East TN area want to trade hatching eggs or want to hatch some eggs? We are getting 12ish eggs a day and we are starting to over flow with eggs! Our chickens are free ranged mixed flock, but possible pure babies! Even if someone just wants to take them and try to hatch them, that is fine, we just don't want them to go to waste!

Breeds include:

Buff Orp (we have hens and roosters)
Hatch Line Game (Hens and Rooster)
Trio of Millie Fluer D'uccle
Black Sumtras
Hamburg Hen
Two Sexlink Hens
Oh forgot, Buff Cochins! LF

All are fresh eggs, no charges! Unless you want to donate to the feed the chicken fund. Would prefer meet up or pick up, I have never shipped before...

Last edited:
id be happy to try hatching some game and sumatras. two wonderful breeds. thinking of seeing if anyone has any what would be considered low quality eggs or pair of un muffed/bearded black skinned silkies. also have a lonely rose comb, not sure if want gfs for, or just play mad scientist with him and tiny game hen.

Does anyone in or around Knoxville want to trade hatching eggs? Currently I'm letting all of my ducks free range on our pond & I'm getting an insane amount of eggs from them. They're a mixed flock, but there is a possibility of getting pure bred eggs because I do have males & females of each breed together.
There will be a mix of-
Muscovy
Khaki Campbell
Indian Runner
Blue & Black Swedish
Magpie
Rouen

I would like to trade for any kind of hatching eggs, except duck eggs. Please PM or Email me if you'd like to meet up & trade. Thanks!

any bantam ducks? id love to raise some to get a pair of tiny ducks for my small pond (always loved baby ducks, and just recently found ducks come in a mini!), so would like to try some tiny bantam breed eggs. are muscovy ducks the smallest, as told they are the same as calls and loud (course i have three roosters in back yard currently of my apartment complex)? hopefully getting hired after training period, so can splurge on my balcony pen setup i want to do for foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom