Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to the ladies or us guys not so funded or inclined to do it all up well, or want to keep it simple/light. you can just use a water proof paint to do the outside and inside of coop, and will keep clean and dry (apply to dry wood though).

Quote:
Hi there,
welcome-byc.gif

I heard there is a breeder of fantastic SLW in Benton. There's also an organic feed supplier there. Benton must be chicken heaven.

Quote:
Hi there,
welcome-byc.gif

I heard there is a breeder of fantastic SLW in Benton. There's also an organic feed supplier there. Benton must be chicken heaven.

Ron Pressley is in Athens. Those are the best SLW I have ever seen. I had some once but sold out of them just because I didn't have room and had to cut a breed. The roosters were BIG and the lacing was very nice on them. They laid tiny eggs for their size, though... one reason why they got voted off the island around here. I'm just not much of a wyandotte person, though. Still... GREAT birds.

Quote:
Hi there,
welcome-byc.gif

Ron Pressley is in Athens. Those are the best SLW I have ever seen. I had some once but sold out of them just because I didn't have room and had to cut a breed. The roosters were BIG and the lacing was very nice on them. They laid tiny eggs for their size, though... one reason why they got voted off the island around here. I'm just not much of a wyandotte person, though. Still... GREAT birds.

The guy that was recommended to me was Warren Hatcher. I didn't get any from him because he didn't have chicks at the time, but he was awesome to talk to. Foley recommended him to me. I have two hatchery SLW that lay pretty big eggs. I just got an order of chicks from Paul's in March, so I'm curious to see how they compare...

Orps and Wyandottes... I guess I'm just a big, fat chicken kind of person...

Quote:

The guy that was recommended to me was Warren Hatcher. I didn't get any from him because he didn't have chicks at the time, but he was awesome to talk to. Foley recommended him to me. I have two hatchery SLW that lay pretty big eggs. I just got an order of chicks from Paul's in March, so I'm curious to see how they compare...

Orps and Wyandottes... I guess I'm just a big, fat chicken kind of person...

yuckyuck.gif

The 4 babies have settled in nicely. They will move to their new cage in a week or so. After the holiday we will start back on the hen house. One of my stalls in the stables is being converted to a house for the Lav. Orps and the English Orps. Kinda like an Orp condo.

I love the fat chickens too Tennesseeckn...they have such fluffy butts! Everyone gets a bath next week. Do all Orps like to roll in everything imaginable??

Well, I have tried a little of this and a little of that... in the way of "types" of chickens... I can safely say round and fat are not my favorites. I think that is why I'm not too fond of these Australorps I have... it is very obvious their Orp heritage. I tend to like the chickens with close, tight feathers. But... as with anything, there is always a exception. I love my pet cochins. lol.

BTW the Australorps are available, but unfortunately I'm offering them as a package deal.... two roosters and only one hen. BUT(!) she is laying. (shameless plug)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom