Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AWESOME!!! Got it marked down
big_smile.png

Quote:
Judging starts at 9am again, right?
So how about we meet at 11am. That gives everyone time to get the birds cooped in & sell or buy a few before they're all gone. Sound good?

Yeah
woot.gif
looks like another satisfied customer to be in the making
thumbsup.gif

That is 1 really cute kid holding that cute chickey
D.gif

Wow, I get busy and you guys "talk" a bunch of pages!

Hey, Mom of 2, I'm glad you're getting older chicks. My son (age 7 at the time) dropped a chick and broke her toe. Spot was just a couple of days old and was only dropped less than 24". She still has that crooked toe. I told my son he was lucky that she didn't die (slight exaggeration) and to be more careful with baby chicks in the future.

That was his one and only chick injury. Chris was surprised when Spot squirmed and dropped her. I suggested next time he pet the chicks while they stand on the floor or ground. You can't fall off the ground! Now my son holds large fowl, full grown roosters with no problem. The roosters have learned Resistance is Futile, so they try going limp to make it hard to hang onto them. The only mean rooster my son ever encountered has long ago been invited to dinner.

Don't ever say you couldn't eat your own chicken! My middle child, aka The Chicken Hugger, says "the mean ones taste great!" Culling the mean ones leaves us more time for the sweet roosters.

Good luck! Enjoy those birds!

Hi guys and gals! I have a SS rooster that needs a home, was wondering if anyone in the area wants to trade some hatching eggs for him? I mainly just want him to go to a good home, he is a sweet guy my Mister Speckles, I just have an extra. I really hate to eat him, and I have an incubator coming in Monday that I would love to stuff full on Tuesday with eggs! I'll gladly do all the driving, and any eggs to hatch are fine, those colored ones would be cool, or any old kind of bantam, or heck even some mixed up mutts! PM me if you want to do a trade, and I'll drive on out tomorrow afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom