Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hi from Birchwood (just north of Chattanooga, near Dayton). And family in Kingston - I saw that someone was from Kingston. I've lurked and posted BYC for several years but never noticed the "Where are you" thread.
So, hi!

Anyone interested in some Black mottled and blue mottled bantam cochins? I'm looking to downsize.

Still have the leghorn/cochin and also going to sell my beautiful cochin mix hen. Prefer they go together only because its easy.

Also, have the 2 male skinny pigs for sale, buyer was lame
wink.png

2012-01-08_20-01-36_374.jpg

Quote:
It would get me for about 265 if I took the van, but I could also grab huge load of chickens. How many you think you could fit in your car I wander?

Well, it depends on how I load it up... may be a low rider but the trunks big as is the back seat... I doubt we need to bring a bunch back! I could fit more than one into boxes... depends what she has! for $265 you'd have to bring back at least 27 chickens back to make it worth the costs... which I'm sure you have room for! If you'd prefer to do it let me know how much you'd want per chicken, like $3 a bird? It'd cost me $193 for the truck... how many mpg you get? I did my math of 180mi back and forth, and 3.30 per gallon and 13 mpg... amounts are worst case senarios...

Sorry stang..I was referring to you saying 180 miles back and forth. End result is your total is right though. Mine however was the one that was completely off (brain dead today evidently) I should have written 165, not 265.
hu.gif

Quote:
Well, it depends on how I load it up... may be a low rider but the trunks big as is the back seat... I doubt we need to bring a bunch back! I could fit more than one into boxes... depends what she has! for $265 you'd have to bring back at least 27 chickens back to make it worth the costs... which I'm sure you have room for! If you'd prefer to do it let me know how much you'd want per chicken, like $3 a bird? It'd cost me $193 for the truck... how many mpg you get? I did my math of 180mi back and forth, and 3.30 per gallon and 13 mpg... amounts are worst case senarios...

Sorry stang..I was referring to you saying 180 miles back and forth. End result is your total is right though. Mine however was the one that was completely off (brain dead today evidently) I should have written 165, not 265.
hu.gif

tongue2.gif
it's ok, been typing fast myself.. didn't even bother going back to re-read what I wrote! $165 isn't bad for how many chickens you could bring back! You'd be better at getting more, and those of us who want some could lend carriers and such!

Last edited:
at any rate. I would have to bring back and have sold 33 minus what I kept for 5 each. You would only need like 21 minus what you wanted to keep. I would buy any wels, or dels, for certain. Just depends on if you can fit that many in your car and have them sold. Should be easy though with layers at 5 each. If you want to go get a hold of that guy and see what you can do. Im right on the way back for you and like I said will buy the wels and dels. I have to be able to tell difference in my del eggs so my breeders can stay with the layers until I finish another coop just for the breeders. That is why I am limited on breeds

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, well I hold hens til they lay and sell for $10, $8 for POL or mutt hens, roosters-free.. lol I like pricing for what it should be worth, $5-7 for young pullets
I'm in an area where $10-12 is easy to get, especially for pure breeds like RIR's and such... I price sex-links cheaper, because to me they're not a breed, just egg makers... they have good personalities though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom