Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back just in time! I guess I didn't realize just how many times a day I got one here. I love the new web page but will take some time to get use to. I am setting more eggs tomorrow from Tennesseeckn and a barn yard mix.
big_smile.png
All this mild winter weather has me spring chick crazy already.

I am going to make the trip to Chuckey Chicken in Chuckey, Tn to pick up some day old Birchen Marans next Monday. Anyone want me to pick up for them? They have many different kinds hatching. Lots of Silkies, Marans, Serama, Orpingtons of various colors and others. They charge between $5-7 for most. I live in Gatlinburg, but could meet in Sevierville if interested PM me.

Last edited:
Thanks! :) We were already planning to use 2 bulbs, it's funny it seems so easy when you look at it on paper... there's a few more things we need to buy before we start putting it together but I'll be sure to take photos as we go and post them for everyone to see! :) I'll even keep an inventory list of items and their prices to do a comparison of how much we spent versus buying an incubator! Also, did that person ever e-mail you back on the breed list? I wonder if they're all gone now...

I have been hatching out Blue x French Copper Marans this week. The first one that hatched..now 3 days old must surely be a roo. I put my hand in to get their water container...it runs up to me and pecks my finger....steps back cocking its head and gives me the stink eye. So much for giving it cuddles tonight.
jumpy.gif
I know chicks change appearance a lot during growth but every maran I have hatched looks like it is going to be blue splash like the rooster. I just could not put off hatching just a few eggs....can't wait til spring and we are suppose to get flurries tomorrow!
roll.png

Is your avatar right now? Mine was a really old avatar this morning then updated this evening. I love the look of the new site but it is soooo sloooooow on my phone. I don't know if I have the attention span for this.

ETA: I told it to quote grawg's post.

Last edited:
Back just in time! I guess I didn't realize just how many times a day I got one here. I love the new web page but will take some time to get use to. I am setting more eggs tomorrow from Tennesseeckn and a barn yard mix.
big_smile.png
All this mild winter weather has me spring chick crazy already.

I am going to make the trip to Chuckey Chicken in Chuckey, Tn to pick up some day old Birchen Marans next Monday. Anyone want me to pick up for them? They have many different kinds hatching. Lots of Silkies, Marans, Serama, Orpingtons of various colors and others. They charge between $5-7 for most. I live in Gatlinburg, but could meet in Sevierville if interested PM me.

Hey! Quote worked this time!

Do they have a web site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom