Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who has a donkey he would like to find a good home for. She is 4-5 year old female. It is gentle and and will pull a cart. It is located near Morristown. So...if you have the room they are fun pets. Anyone interested please contact me for further information.

What is the white one in the top pic?? SO CUTE!

That's one of the cochin chicks, I suspect it's a self blue because it came from black hens and a splash rooster. The ones that color all ended up to be roosters, I have 3-4 of the frizzled ones like that and a standard that are all really pretty!

I have a friend who has a donkey he would like to find a good home for. She is 4-5 year old female. It is gentle and and will pull a cart. It is located near Morristown. So...if you have the room they are fun pets. Anyone interested please contact me for further information.

I wonder if hubby would notice a donkey in the field with the neighbors goats?
gig.gif

As I was digging up an area near the chickens and bunnies to put a pond, I had already dug up the shape and had walked back and forth with dirt several times, I spotted a snake that I had been walking past without it moving. I touched it and it didn't move, so I presumed it was dead. So, I started to tug on the tail to free it from the area it was in, and then it started to wiggle around in my hands. I was surprised, to say the least, so went and got some neighboring help. We, meaning the only guy around, snipped the deer netting it had tangled itself into off. I saved a snakes life today. I also have most of my pond hole dug up! Yippee

Good for you. Too many kill snakes outright when they should not. The non poision types keep the poision types away. For that alone they are worth having around not too mentio rodent control.

Congrats on the pond being dug. We have that on the todolist. We want somw geese here.

Good for you. Too many kill snakes outright when they should not. The non poision types keep the poision types away. For that alone they are worth having around not too mentio rodent control.

Congrats on the pond being dug. We have that on the todolist. We want somw geese here.
Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was better to kill it since it was cut up from the deer netting or not, but my neighbor helped me free it without having to put it down, it slithered away. I am acctually building a pond for fish and to have a relaxing place to enjoy the sounds of water features. I only started the hole, doesn't look like much but started to feel tired so stopped and decided to wait til hubby gets home to finish it.

Wandering through the woods looking for snakes was one of my favorite pastimes growing up. Of course unless you really know your snakes, it's always better to err on the side of caution and leave them alone if you can't identify the species.

I'm also in the planning stage for digging a pond. I just have to work out a few details, like how big will it have to be so the ducks won't foul it in under an hour
lol.png
I might need to consider a backhoe...

Wandering through the woods looking for snakes was one of my favorite pastimes growing up. Of course unless you really know your snakes, it's always better to err on the side of caution and leave them alone if you can't identify the species.

I'm also in the planning stage for digging a pond. I just have to work out a few details, like how big will it have to be so the ducks won't foul it in under an hour
lol.png
I might need to consider a backhoe...
grawg, I think if I read correctly that it's not going to be the size of the pond to worry about, it's how much money you can afford on a filtered pump!
big_smile.png
Hopefully this isn't one of those projects that my husband gets tired of and only finishes half of it. Will keep everyone posted once I get more done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom