Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I am in Ooltewah, just north of Chattanooga. I am desperately
barnie.gif
looking for some BANTAM COCHINS (any colors but balck & barred) Does anyone know any good, quality breeders? Want some so bad actually ordered 15 from hatchery but got cold feet/second thoughts and cancelled order, but I didn't realize it was going to be so hard to find some locally or even day olds to order other than the big hatcheries. My current ones are @ 3 months, would love some @ same age but would consider younger and slightly order.
At this point I would be willing to travel up to a couple of hours if I can find someone that has some beautiful birds.

Hoping you guys/gals can help me - thanks Stacy
I have a friend who has bantam cochins...I will see if she is going to sell any of hers and where she got them. I really think she hatched them but will try to find out this weekend. I am going to be in your area the middle of Sept. My mom is from Tracy City in Grundy Co. and I am going there for a tribal meeting/potluck. Maybe if you find someone around me here in the East TN area I could meet you on my way with them.

O wow super - thanks. It is very hard finding any right now. Did find some but like 2-1/2hrs. drive not sure YET if i ready to do that, but I'm getting close because I want some so badly. .So much appreciate the offer and yes If I happen to find any that would be great. What exact area are you in?
Thanks - Stacy

Craigs list is a good place to find homes for your chickens but I would advise asking a few questions from the ones who want them. This is the reason...I am not saying don't put an ad there but just beware. I have run across a couple of people who get them and also buy them cheap from the Morristown auction. They then take them to the Flea Market that weekend which is fine but....it is what these 2 do to some of them that is heartbreaking. One week they had some roosters they had gotten. One was a pure white Auacuana I would have loved to have. But it and few others had been freshly dubbed and the job they did dubbing them was horrible I honestly think they done it with a pocketknife. I was horrified when I saw them...I kept trying to decide whether to say something or keep my mouth shut...I just walked away cause I did not want to cause a scene..but...this is why we have to be careful. Glad you found good homes for them littlechicklet.
I understand. I got an uneasy feeling about a couple of the responders but this person said they had 5 hens & wanted a rooster to go with them & they would eat the others. If they are telling the truth then to me this is very acceptable (I give them names, make pets out of them & can't bring myself to eat them yet).

I am dying to find out how your hatch went but have not wanted to bother you. I am hoping for my sake you didn't get all Splash. Just let me know if you still are willing to sell the extras to me.

Time to go back to work on the small coop for my mother-in-law, start the bachelor pad for one of my roos (will probably use it as a brooder before he gets it) & lastly the new coop for the Orps.

@littlechicklet. which hatch?? If you ask around I am usually doing staggered hatches....it is easier for me to do them when I am breeding for a project..
I did hatch out my paint and lavender silkies. They are so adorable!! Then some crele polish. I love my polish but they are mouthy little buggers!

O wow super - thanks. It is very hard finding any right now. Did find some but like 2-1/2hrs. drive not sure YET if i ready to do that, but I'm getting close because I want some so badly. .So much appreciate the offer and yes If I happen to find any that would be great. What exact area are you in?
Thanks - Stacy
I am 35 miles east of Knoxville. I think I am going to be in Dunlap this weekend...will not know til Thur. Then I will be coming thru Chattanooga Sept. 12 or 13.

Hey, Littlechicklet,

I think you're looking for me. Don't worry about bothering me, but I have bad news. I had one little splash hatch out yesterday and mama left the nest. By the time I discovered it, the eggs were ice cold. I put them under another broody, but I'm not holding out much hope. They were due several days ago, but I've not pulled them yet.

I'm going to set another batch soon if the girls start cooperating. I got two whole eggs out of seventeen girls today. Four are broody and the rest of KIND of molting. Not enough to justify not laying, if you ask me...

I hope you weren't rushing on the brooder. Looks like you have three more weeks, at least. I'm sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom