easttexaschick look what we got

piecemaker

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Centerville Texas
Hope you got some too. We need this much every day for a week. But I am thanking the good Lord we got what we got.
piecemaker
005-1.jpg

yep! we got 2 inches here in Grand Prairie, Tx and maybe a half inch last night. I seem to remember lots of storms happening last year right around July 4th time, so am hoping we have the same 'problem' this year!

It's not nice to brag!
tongue.gif

We've had storms all around us, weather radio goes off non-stop just about every afternoon. Got maybe a total of 10 drops of rain. I'm tired of hearing the grass crunch under my feet.
rant.gif

RAIN!!! We got blessed RAIN!!! The north end of Polk county caught fire and swept into Trinity county, started last Friday. Volunteer firefighters and forest service firefighters along with helicopters, bulldozers, tractors fought with all their might to turn the fire away from the community of Trevat, town of Apple Springs and Groveton the county seat. Over 20,000 acres have burned from this ONE fire, not to mention half dozen others in our immediate area burning at the same time. I have friends and family in Trinity county and they had their trucks packed, ready to run. Others in Grimes county (separate fire) weren't so fortunate and many lost their homes.

We have too much rain. Last night it was crazy, me and my grandpa have been out moving trees all day and just finished, for now. He still doesn't have power and I lost it for about an hour. The rain washed my garden out again, and one of my pens flipped. Better than fires though...

Back
Top Bottom