easttexaschick look what we got

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by piecemaker, Jun 22, 2011.

1. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Hope you got some too. We need this much every day for a week. But I am thanking the good Lord we got what we got.
    piecemaker
    [​IMG]

2. silkeysandra

silkeysandra Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2008
    grand prairie, tx
    yep! we got 2 inches here in Grand Prairie, Tx and maybe a half inch last night. I seem to remember lots of storms happening last year right around July 4th time, so am hoping we have the same 'problem' this year!

3. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Yipee!!!!!!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    It's not nice to brag! [​IMG]

We've had storms all around us, weather radio goes off non-stop just about every afternoon. Got maybe a total of 10 drops of rain. I'm tired of hearing the grass crunch under my feet. [​IMG]

5. AmyL

AmyL New Egg

Aug 1, 2009
    North Central Texas
    I feel your pain, gritsar, I'm just down the road from silkeysandra and we didn't receive enough moisture to settle the dust. Looking
    forward to fall.

6. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    RAIN!!! We got blessed RAIN!!! The north end of Polk county caught fire and swept into Trinity county, started last Friday. Volunteer firefighters and forest service firefighters along with helicopters, bulldozers, tractors fought with all their might to turn the fire away from the community of Trevat, town of Apple Springs and Groveton the county seat. Over 20,000 acres have burned from this ONE fire, not to mention half dozen others in our immediate area burning at the same time. I have friends and family in Trinity county and they had their trucks packed, ready to run. Others in Grimes county (separate fire) weren't so fortunate and many lost their homes.

7. Kitt

Kitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    We got rain here too last night!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Thunder, lightning and wonderful rain. [​IMG]

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    WOOHOOO YOU BOUGHT A RAIN GAUGE! [​IMG]

10. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    We have too much rain. Last night it was crazy, me and my grandpa have been out moving trees all day and just finished, for now. He still doesn't have power and I lost it for about an hour. The rain washed my garden out again, and one of my pens flipped. Better than fires though...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by