Easy DIY Auto Chicken Waterer

Jenaferlm

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 17, 2010
I love DIY projects and was more than excited to tackle my latest one. I wanted to make a water system for my chickens that would basically take relying on me out of the equation.

102_4043.JPG

This system keeps water super clean and refills as needed. In all, I spent about 45$ on this project and it was really easy.
102_4026.JPG

The bucket is connected to a low flow adapter to the garden hose, reducing the psi. Inside the bucket is a float flow regulator- like the kind in toilets; when the float drops, more water is added until it rises again.
102_4036.JPG

The pcv piping holds an additional 2 gallons of water and includes an air vent and overflow as well as two screw off ends for easy cleaning and debris removal.

Super satisfying project and no sooner did I put it into the coop, the chickens figured it right out.

Check out the pics and tutorial on my blog on the link below

http://cagefreemonkeys.blogspot.com/2010/06/chicken-auto-watering-system.html

That is nice! I wish I had a spigot near my coop so I could set mine up like that. Make sure you check for cleanliness periodically though. I used a silver Lowe's bucket and there was mold in it after 2 weeks, even with ACV in the water.

Back
Top Bottom