Easy Eggs to Hatch for New At Hatching?

flspnr

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 23, 2011
Gibsonton, FL
My DH has agreed to build me an incubator, and I think we have everything except the cooler. So, I'm beginning to look around for eggs that aren't too expensive and will hatch easily. Eventually, I'd like to hatch some Seramas.
smile.png
I know they're hard...

What eggs do you recommend? What are relatively easy? I was thinking a of getting a few duck eggs, but they seem to be pretty expensive to get online. Any kind of chicken easier than the rest? Would quail or something be easier?? I'd prefer to stick with Chickens, but have the room to hatch something else and sell it when it gets a little bigger if necessary, so there's that option. I don't have room for anything that's going to get huge tho - no ostridges!
wink.png

Anyone know of anywhere local to Tampa/Gibsonton that may have eggs?

I'd like to not spend too much in case I fail (I hope not!!) and would like somewhere local because it's nearing the end of the month, meaning I'm close to broke.
smile.png
(The place I work at does much better in the beginning of the month, so I make more money, than at the end...and I would want to start hatching NOW instead of waiting for business to pick up, lol!!)

Thanks for any suggestions!!

That's going to take forever! My girls aren't laying yet, lol!
wink.png

As soon as they start laying, will their eggs be fertile? That may be how I have to go, as impatient as I am.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom