Eat with chickens

Pics
Good morning! I really love to prepare food for them. Besides, it's also a practical way to evaluate how much fresh vegetable and fruit we "feed ourselves."

12036.jpg

Yesterday, they got additional strawberries.
11987.jpg

Today, they had fresh ingredients as usual, black sesame, oatmeal (it's a free gift from the discounter, but we don't eat oatmeal), and dried tiny shrimps.
12035.jpg

Full of goodies
11988.jpg

They always finish everything within a few minutes. My husband was also funny when he saw those hens kept "cleanning" the tray which was already very "clean".

Looks like a great meal for them!

Usually daily my girls get minimum an apple core or two, the tops of strawberries, a few lettuce leaves, the ends of a cucumber plus peels, a bell pepper core, some carrot shavings. We eat fruit and salad daily, and then whatever extras we have with dinner counts as a bonus! (Rice, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, etc).

I work all day so I save the scraps throughout the day in a bowl in the fridge, and put them out in the morning. They are not as spoiled as your girls though, I don’t have time to chop/blend it all, but they do a pretty good job of making it disappear regardless! 😂

I can't wait until it's warm enough to pull weeds in the garden. Well, they have to grow first! :gig

The chickens get some spinach just about every day, with their mash snack. When the weeds grow, they'll get them instead.
Same here! I just saw some very young shoots of nettle~need to give them so more days to grow.

The treasure hunt this morning at the discounter near us - to be honest, those salad greens are totally ok, maybe just few outer leaves were damaged. Anyway, the price was great so I brought all of them back.
12069.jpg

Ours and theirs
12064.jpg

Theirs and ours
12068.jpg

Their bonus for tomorrow is ready.
12063.jpg

Usually they are crazy for the fresh salad leaves, especially in winter; however, they fully ignore those leaves when animal protein appears...

The cooked bones are no longer suitable for dogs, so chickens will have some fun.
12065.jpg

Back
Top Bottom