12noon:
1 cup of dried apples

5pm:
1 c. quinoa with peas and butter
2c. grapenuts cereal with whole milk
dried cranberries

(It was a weird day)...

Quote:
No. Gotta get an EEG looking at possible epileptic seizures. Gotta see an endocrinologist because her body is obviously out of whack. And a counselor, because there are teen issues going on, too.

:| I hope everything is ok and you guys can get it worked out. It's hard to be a teenager, and I'm sure it's hard to be a parent of one too.

Quote:
No. Gotta get an EEG looking at possible epileptic seizures. Gotta see an endocrinologist because her body is obviously out of whack. And a counselor, because there are teen issues going on, too.

:| I hope everything is ok and you guys can get it worked out. It's hard to be a teenager, and I'm sure it's hard to be a parent of one too.

Yup. it is hard. But she's a good kid and we'll work through it all. It's just going to take some time.

Sounds like you have the right attitude, and hopefully she does too.

Extra stress, isn't it fun?
roll.png

Quote:
You will get back on track! Don't let it get you down more than you already are, positive thinking
wink.png

May 2nd, 2008

Breakfast:
2 more pieces pizza
bottled water
coffee with creamer and splenda

Snack:
botted water
coffee with french vanilla creamer and real sugar

Lunch:
1 package instant oatmeal (my meals today are a bit backwards...)

Dinner:
Hopefully those homemade tacos I was planning for last night, before my pizza craving got the better of me...

To add to my accountability, I will put my stats here and begin keeping track of them as well. *shudder*

Height: 5' 4" (and a half
wink.png
)
Weight: 150
Waist: 29"
Hips: 39.5"

May 2

breakfast: 1 slice of toast, steak-um & cheese, lemonade

lunch: 1/2 a Sonic burger, part of the choc malted, a couple of tater tots

Dinner: Honestly can't remember what we're supposed to have...
I think pork chops. Hopefully on the grill. Probably with broccoli and a salad from the garden.

Dessert: ?

Took DD to a follow up appt. Here's an irony. I've been trying to make us ALL eat better and she's resisted. Now she has borderline diabetes as well as the thyroid trouble. We're trying counseling to see if someone ELSE can make her see that I'm trying to do the right thing. Because if we can't make her see the light the consequences could truly get scary.
Try telling that to a 15-year old, though. She thinks she's indestructible. And that I'm a basket case for thinking a java chiller for breakfast, Coke & cheese sticks for lunch, and nothing for dinner is so terrible...
barnie.gif

Sorry to vent....

Vent away!

I agree with taking her to a therapist. She's more likely to listen if it comes from a "professional" it's all a perception...

Maybe do a google search with her and show her limbs that people has lost due to circulation/healing issues that come with diabetes. Sometimes scaring someone is the best approach.

Maybe get a family membership to the gym? Having to drag your DD may be a good way to get yourself there too. Weight and excersize are a good way to stave off diabetes and thyroid issues.

I know I could use some incentive, especially in this-yet another-cold snap. 60 mph winds and blowing snow. Welcome to spring in Wyoming...

Whew!

It's been a rough few days. Everyone is a little happier at home, now, I think...
Hard to tell with teens. Didn't do the scare stuff with the pics. Thought about it, then decided to let the counselor work with her first. Me showing her scary pics is Mom being the heavy, as usual. As long as she's eating better I've decided to back off a little. She only pre-diabetic, and maybe not even that if she'd regularly and correctly. Not eating has done her as much harm as poor choices when she actually does eat!

We were doing good, too. Lean chicken, salads, fruits & veggies. But last night was corndogs and pepsi at the skating rink. We'll be back to mostly good eating for the rest of the week.

May 7th
Breakfast: Steakum w/ cheese on 1 slice of bread, small glass of lemonade
Lunch: Lean Hot Pocket, tea, yo+ yogurt
Snack: dark chocalate cherry M&M's
Dinner: tortillas, refried beans, ground beef, cheese & lettuce
Dessert: Small bowl of ice cream with fruit

Back
Top Bottom