Eating Is An Instinct

kingmt

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
Mason WV
I always thought eating was an instinct until I read about these coturnix. I have been trying to get these two birds to eat & drink for 6 hours. I was putting there beak in the food & water like I do the chicken chicks but with no results. I remembered seeing that someone said to tap on the feed dish & they get the idea so I started taping on the dish but they just went a little crazy so I started taping in the food & one got interested & started to eat. I assume the other will learn from this one. Is this right? I tried the same thing with the water but it will only drink drops off the end of my finger. They did go crazy when I stuck my hand in there brooder but now the one that started eating & drinking off the end of my finger chirps like crazy when I take my hand out & runs to me when I stick my hand in. Does it think my hand is Momma now or something else? Will the other take the lead from this bird & eat?

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
he'll teach the rest, and now of course pointer is mama
Enjoy the babies!

kingmt

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
Mason WV
The baby is ashamed of it new family. It hide in the corner & act like it didn't even know Big Momma Pointer
& had nothing to do with uncle Stinky Pinky.

I guess everyone is right about them growing up fast. There only 1 day old & acting like teenagers.

Top Bottom