Eating Is An Instinct

kingmt

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2009
Mason WV
I always thought eating was an instinct until I read about these coturnix. I have been trying to get these two birds to eat & drink for 6 hours. I was putting there beak in the food & water like I do the chicken chicks but with no results. I remembered seeing that someone said to tap on the feed dish & they get the idea so I started taping on the dish but they just went a little crazy so I started taping in the food & one got interested & started to eat. I assume the other will learn from this one. Is this right? I tried the same thing with the water but it will only drink drops off the end of my finger. They did go crazy when I stuck my hand in there brooder but now the one that started eating & drinking off the end of my finger chirps like crazy when I take my hand out & runs to me when I stick my hand in. Does it think my hand is Momma now or something else? Will the other take the lead from this bird & eat?

he'll teach the rest, and now of course pointer is mama
smile.png
Enjoy the babies!

The baby is ashamed of it new family. It hide in the corner & act like it didn't even know Big Momma Pointer
hit.gif
& had nothing to do with uncle Stinky Pinky.
idunno.gif

old.gif
I guess everyone is right about them growing up fast. There only 1 day old & acting like teenagers.
hit.gif

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom