Eating more

What do you feed your birds? Careful with giving them too much treats, let alone treats full of fiber and water
Tucker Milling's Nature's Crest Chick Starter (18%). But will be going to their brand layer feed soon which I think is a 15 or 16%.

Other than that they have a couple large pumpkins to feed on that stay till they finish it.
Any other treats all just depend on whether I have some garden waste, or dinner waste from us. (I have a flock of 62 birds, none are getting enough treats here to mess w their diet. lol)

Tucker Milling's Nature's Crest Chick Starter (18%). But will be going to their brand layer feed soon which I think is a 15 or 16%.

Other than that they have a couple large pumpkins to feed on that stay till they finish it.
Any other treats all just depend on whether I have some garden waste, or dinner waste from us. (I have a flock of 62 birds, none are getting enough treats here to mess w their diet. lol)
Your birds will likely eat more with a lower protein feed, no waste feeders help if you haven't tried them.

I and others have noticed that as well. Of course, plural anecdote is not science, but I think it gives a good pointer to what is likely to be true.
True, very true. There's not likely to be studies on this considering that poultry science is geared toward "how fast/how cheap can we do this?" :/

Back
Top Bottom