Ebay hatched eggs - Surprise! Not what was advertised - need some help identifying the mutant chick

SilkieSalon

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
Southern Mars
Playing the eBay gamble I yet again hatched some eggs. They were from a different vendor than I have used in the past and were advertised as blue black splash silkies. Well the eggs hatched and I noticed from the start one chick in particular didn't look like the others. Its obviously a cross - I am just not sure a cross of what. I am hoping someone on here can give me some ideas. Thanks for the help.
Dani

Playing the eBay gamble I yet again hatched some eggs. They were from a different vendor than I have used in the past and were advertised as blue black splash silkies. Well the eggs hatched and I noticed from the start one chick in particular didn't look like the others. Its obviously a cross - I am just not sure a cross of what. I am hoping someone on here can give me some ideas. Thanks for the help. Dani
Looks like a silkie/sultan mix.

Thanks for the help. I'll look into Sultans. Unfortunately after examining the group again last night I have another chick that has a different looking head. Also they are quite large for their age. I am pretty certain that it was a 50/50 cross because of the mix of traits and how they are divided in the group. Yeah, it was quite a surprise - and apparently it wasn't just a one mix egg or a one time cross breeding. Either would of been an acceptable mistake - what I got wasn't.

After looking back through the ebay vendor's other auctions apparently Salmon Faverolles is another breed they sell. After looking on here at chick photos I am leaning towards that. I am going to take them up to Ripley to sell next weekend so at least I can tell the prospective owners what they might be. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom