Ebay Hatching Eggs

It's a huge gamble. Shipped eggs can be iffy on hatching and who's to say they are going to be the quality the seller claims they? I have done it and would not do it again. My brahma pullets I got were crap so I just got rid of them and my leghorn chicks I got were the wrong breed. They seller did end up replacing them though. I would say if you want to do it just be aware of what you are buying.

I sell eggs on there and I also buy there and here. Shipped eggs can be a gamble but sometimes it's the only way to get a certain breed you can't find local.

It helps to read the feedback of the seller. You can plan on a 50% hatch rate or lower for shipped eggs. I have not seen a big difference in shipped and non shipped eggs though.

I sell eggs on there and I also buy there and here. Shipped eggs can be a gamble but sometimes it's the only way to get a certain breed you can't find lHe
Hello ..I have purchased egg off from ebay from gamebirdsonly...I won 6 Welsummer bantams eggs ,,Sent me 9 ..4 hatched....I am in Alaska, Fairbanksabout as far away as you can get from a hatcher....So it a big gamble for me..but local do not have the variety that you find on Ebay....Research the seller ask questions....Speakig of asking a question..Gamebird..The four that hatched out ..3 had quail like marking and one was jet black @ hatching,,So far the black one has some gold hackles coming in...but it also has a huge amount of feathers on its head that sticks up...Kinda like a polish or sweedish hen. Do you have those on your property....? If not is the topnot just in the way of the comb,,Hopefully so...never seen a roo this way. Well I hope its a roo.... Thanks again....

Back
Top Bottom