Ebay Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by chickenman111, Mar 10, 2013.

1. chickenman111

chickenman111 Chillin' With My Peeps

I was on Ebay last night and I found out that there are hatching eggs for sale there. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to order them or if it is just a waste of money.

Thanks

2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    It's a huge gamble. Shipped eggs can be iffy on hatching and who's to say they are going to be the quality the seller claims they? I have done it and would not do it again. My brahma pullets I got were crap so I just got rid of them and my leghorn chicks I got were the wrong breed. They seller did end up replacing them though. I would say if you want to do it just be aware of what you are buying.

3. chickenman111

ok thanks I was just wondering.

4. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I sell eggs on there and I also buy there and here. Shipped eggs can be a gamble but sometimes it's the only way to get a certain breed you can't find local.

5. chickenman111

ok thanks

6. liljunie

liljunie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2013
    It helps to read the feedback of the seller. You can plan on a 50% hatch rate or lower for shipped eggs. I have not seen a big difference in shipped and non shipped eggs though.

7. Alaska Fowl INC

Alaska Fowl INC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    Fairbanks ALASKA
    Hello ..I have purchased egg off from ebay from gamebirdsonly...I won 6 Welsummer bantams eggs ,,Sent me 9 ..4 hatched....I am in Alaska, Fairbanksabout as far away as you can get from a hatcher....So it a big gamble for me..but local do not have the variety that you find on Ebay....Research the seller ask questions....Speakig of asking a question..Gamebird..The four that hatched out ..3 had quail like marking and one was jet black @ hatching,,So far the black one has some gold hackles coming in...but it also has a huge amount of feathers on its head that sticks up...Kinda like a polish or sweedish hen. Do you have those on your property....? If not is the topnot just in the way of the comb,,Hopefully so...never seen a roo this way. Well I hope its a roo.... Thanks again....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by