Echo is a what rooster? ( pics)

still trying to work on Echo! Gosh he has me confused!
smile.png

Critter and Pringles- Speckledhen mentioned a Welsummer. They seen to have alot more color in them to me but there could be different varities. When looking at the Welsummer in Feathersite it also brought up Marens. Look at the picture of the Black Copper Marens roo photo by a Caroline Strike and the one below it.
Pringles- does your friend have any "clues" that could help??? There are people on this forum that have chicken info oozing out of their ears !! If there was more info they might be able to help out.

nah my friend can't help.. she knows nothing about chickens... she only got them as chicks and yeah she needed my help in taking care of them anyway

ohhh thats soo close... except he's abit more redder than orangey.... might be what he's eating
gig.gif

Thank you Critter Crazy SOOOO MUCH for helping me! much love!
love.gif

I think Echo is the same as my old roo:

03.JPG

02.JPG

I got him as a bonus rare/exotic from MurrayMcMurray hatchery a few years back... My brother sold his house and the new owners wanted the chickens... so they got them.

I would be interested to know what breed... Yours and my old roo is/was beautiful.

Neil

Last edited:
Well it looks like my rooster that I posted on here on this very thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2708
That rooster was the result of a BR/RIR Rooster crossed with another BR/RIR hen . I had only one rooster at the time so there is no mistake. And he looked alot like the typical Barred Rock look but I think when they recross with themselves the colors don't breed true.

Last edited:
The fabulous green sheen looks like an Australorp may have gotten into the mix somewhere. Whatever he is, I don't think he's pure, or someone would have ID'd him by now. Either way, he is gorgeous!
You could do what they do with dogs now - if you are competing with a mutt, they call the breed the "All-American". Oops - I just thought to look at where you are from - you'll have to call him the "All-Australian"! Knowing that, I'd definitely say that he is some sort of Australorp cross.

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom