EcoGlow reviews??

My 3 chickies hanging out under their ecoglow. I set it up adirondack lean-to style. Before I took one of the sides off, they'd stand up straight to push their backs against it, but as they'd fall asleep, they'd wake up when their legs relaxed. They love it now. Next week I get 12 more chicks, so I'll have to put the other side back on and shove some shavings under to raise the floor so to speak. One likes it all the way in the corner wedged between the back of the brooder box and the corner of the ecoglow, so you can't really see her.

ecoglow2.jpg

ecoglow1.jpg

Last edited:
I meant to say: I turned off the heat lamp on my 2 week olds. Sounds harsh, but it is going to be 89 today, with a low of 60. My house is up on the hill, so it might hit 55. They are seperated from today's chicks by a perferated bread flat--so if they are cold, they can dog pile and mooch off of the new chick's heat lamp.

I am really looking forward to getting the Ecoglow, I think it will save me big bucks.

Guess what? I sent an email to the folks at Brinsea, and they gave me the Whisper discount! How cool is that?

Here is a shout out to Rose and her awesome customer service!

Quote:
I've thought about that, and I think I'll put shelf liner on it so I can just peel it off regularly.

That is a good idea think i might use that for my next hatch on sunday

Quote:
I've thought about that, and I think I'll put shelf liner on it so I can just peel it off regularly.

Should we check with Brinsea and see if that will cause the unit to overheat? I'd hate to break it!!

Quote:

Should we check with Brinsea and see if that will cause the unit to overheat? I'd hate to break it!!

hide.gif
Too late! They got here a few hours ago and I already did it!

The top isn't even slightly warm, though, so I suspect it's no big deal- the heat is all out the bottom, and there aren't any vents or anything to be blocked...so we'll see!

Back
Top Bottom