<edit> Poultrysicle thread - will they hatch?

A few years back we had an ice storm. Thirty bobwhite quails sat in the mailbox & froze for 2 days (until it was safe to travel a mile down the lane w/trees falling). I stuck them in the bator, half hearted tended them. Three days past their due date I pulled the plug, went to bed. About 2 am one of the cats refused to leave me alone. I finally got up, went into the kitchen finding Taffy (cat) sitting on the bator with 28 hatched quail. Nah, she didn't want to save them, she was mad she couldn't get in to eat them! So yup! I think you egg just might hatch!!
Let us know how it goes! I have 2 iffy ones in my bator right now, I had to hunt for them in the cold after the hawk took Erma last week *sniffle*.

KAT

I'm watching this thread with great great interest!!! I'm still hatching and expecting a shipment today/tomorrow, hopefully NOT frozen....

Now, this makes me want to experiment....mmmmmm

Kathyinmo, do you want me to get a friend in Alaska to ship you some eggies???
lau.gif

Well, I gathered some duck eggs that I "found"......mmmmmm

Have a blessed day....Chores begin at dawn for me today!

Quote:
She's BR and I think Amanda was her mother, either her or Lexie? It's been awhile hasn't it? LOL And yes it's COLD out there. I was telling her, she'll be lucky to rear half of them in this weather. She just told me to go hang... she's BUSY. She's such a brat. All she had to do was SEE 10 eggs in one place and she bopped her butt down and stayed there. I took away four. Six is all she's getting to work with.

I have two sizzles with three chicks they're co-rearing which is exactly half of what they hatched but those three have made it almost 3 weeks now.

And the house seramas have gone broody. Sigh so there will be a few house chicks here in a bit. (They keep my conure company since my cockatoo died.) Too funny watching a parrot cuddle up to a pair of girly seramas but they like him so he's happy.

Silly Tinker! Well, she knows the days are getting longer, I bet. Guess she has spring fever early. I bet Amanda is her mama. Lexie usually produces males, though not always, and has not one broody bone in her body. Amanda was one of mine who came from helmstead's flock and she had one BR hen who seemed to be broody quite often. I think that must be Amanda's mama.

She was stealing more eggs today when I went in the coop and growled at me when I took the extras away. I keep telling her six delawares or del mixes will keep her plenty busy. She's not listening. ALL the EGGS are HERS! HERS she SAYS!

Tinker has always been more determined than Ponder. And Tinker's son from this year is getting to be quite the looker, I should take pics soon of him and the Dels coming up. But I hate taking my camera out in this darn weather. Maybe it will thaw soon. Maybe I'll just set more frozen chicksicle eggs...

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom