EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Help if you can....

I will have posted this a couple times. JJ seems to be dying. He is my oldest first pair of birds. Ethel was killed by a fur bearing critter, that I hope died a slow painful death....

I found JJ on the floor of the coop not moving. His head is swollen and he is very lethargic. He was in a Tom fight the other day. what Tom isn't this time of year. I told JJ he was too old for this kind of behavior. I am worried he has internal injuries in which case I can do nothing, or he has an infection from the head injuries. His head is swollen.

I have some liquid Vancomycin here. I have calculated the dosage to .25 ml. Based on human dosages.

I need to know if anyone knows if vancomycin is harmful to turkeys? If I do not get a definite answer I will be trying it, I am desperate.

I know I am not clear headed when talking about JJ. He is like a feathered dog to me. Losing him would be devastating. The WWD is with him know. we set up a hospital room in the hallway for him.

Thanks

Think of JJ as my duck... I love him more than you duxers love your duxs!! Thanks
I'm sorry Ralphie, haven't found any info yet.

Help if you can.... I will have posted this a couple times. JJ seems to be dying. He is my oldest first pair of birds. Ethel was killed by a fur bearing critter, that I hope died a slow painful death.... I found JJ on the floor of the coop not moving. His head is swollen and he is very lethargic. He was in a Tom fight the other day. what Tom isn't this time of year. I told JJ he was too old for this kind of behavior. I am worried he has internal injuries in which case I can do nothing, or he has an infection from the head injuries. His head is swollen. I have some liquid Vancomycin here. I have calculated the dosage to .25 ml. Based on human dosages. I need to know if anyone knows if vancomycin is harmful to turkeys? If I do not get a definite answer I will be trying it, I am desperate. I know I am not clear headed when talking about JJ. He is like a feathered dog to me. Losing him would be devastating. The WWD is with him know. we set up a hospital room in the hallway for him. Thanks Think of JJ as my duck... I love him more than you duxers love your duxs!! Thanks
@casportpony

My new doe and I are headed home.

Awww!

We're getting more goats next week.

Help if you can....

I will have posted this a couple times. JJ seems to be dying. He is my oldest first pair of birds. Ethel was killed by a fur bearing critter, that I hope died a slow painful death....

I found JJ on the floor of the coop not moving. His head is swollen and he is very lethargic. He was in a Tom fight the other day. what Tom isn't this time of year. I told JJ he was too old for this kind of behavior. I am worried he has internal injuries in which case I can do nothing, or he has an infection from the head injuries. His head is swollen.

I have some liquid Vancomycin here. I have calculated the dosage to .25 ml. Based on human dosages.

I need to know if anyone knows if vancomycin is harmful to turkeys? If I do not get a definite answer I will be trying it, I am desperate.

I know I am not clear headed when talking about JJ. He is like a feathered dog to me. Losing him would be devastating. The WWD is with him know. we set up a hospital room in the hallway for him.

Thanks

Think of JJ as my duck... I love him more than you duxers love your duxs!! Thanks
Ralphie I don't know if its the same for turkeys as it is for people but when we dose vanco at the hospital and run peaks and troughs to calculate dosage based on the blood levels. that might be why you're having trouble finding dosage info. @WalnutHill can you help?????

Back
Top Bottom