EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

drive safely!!
shes very cute!
Thanks, she was an expensive investment from a farm that continually places at Nationals. I don't show, but I appreciate good genetics and great udders.
This is the udder of my new buck's dam

Last edited:
Help if you can.... I will have posted this a couple times. JJ seems to be dying. He is my oldest first pair of birds. Ethel was killed by a fur bearing critter, that I hope died a slow painful death.... I found JJ on the floor of the coop not moving. His head is swollen and he is very lethargic. He was in a Tom fight the other day. what Tom isn't this time of year. I told JJ he was too old for this kind of behavior. I am worried he has internal injuries in which case I can do nothing, or he has an infection from the head injuries. His head is swollen. I have some liquid Vancomycin here. I have calculated the dosage to .25 ml. Based on human dosages. I need to know if anyone knows if vancomycin is harmful to turkeys? If I do not get a definite answer I will be trying it, I am desperate. I know I am not clear headed when talking about JJ. He is like a feathered dog to me. Losing him would be devastating. The WWD is with him know. we set up a hospital room in the hallway for him. Thanks Think of JJ as my duck... I love him more than you duxers love your duxs!! Thanks
You can use it , it is safe for use on them. Do you see any open wounds? It could be also virus ......

Thanks all.

I think it is too late to try anything, the WWD is just holding cold compresses to his head.

Benny he has lots of open wounds, he has scabs all over his head and snood. They have been having turkey fights for weeks now, day in and day out.

His head is burning up. I am not going to give the vancomycin, it is too late he is just lying their dying. I think as close to comatose as he is trying to get liquids into him would just make him uncomfortable and maybe make it worse.

Thanks all

Thanks all.

I think it is too late to try anything, the WWD is just holding cold compresses to his head.

Benny he has lots of open wounds, he has scabs all over his head and snood.  They have been having turkey fights for weeks now, day in and day out.

His head is burning up.  I am not going to give the vancomycin, it is too late he is just lying their dying. I think as close to comatose as he is trying to get liquids into him would just make him uncomfortable and maybe make it worse.

Thanks all

I'm sorry.... Hang in there, buddy. It's terrible watching them die. :hugs :hugs :hugs

Last edited:
Thanks all.

Benny he has lots of open wounds, he has scabs all over his head and snood. They have been having turkey fights for weeks now, day in and day out.

His head is burning up. I am not going to give the vancomycin, it is too late he is just lying their dying. I think as close to comatose as he is trying to get liquids into him would just make him uncomfortable and maybe make it worse.

Thanks all
I'm really sorry Ralphie.

Back
Top Bottom