EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Hi I'm back just to say 1 thing and to ask a question

Statment: I'm about to candle the eggs for the 2 week mark I'm so eggcited (pun intended) for this
wee.gif
ya.gif

Question: is this the last time I am candling them before hatch, or do I need to do it a third time, if so, on what day?
idunno.gif

Will post again to say candling results!
yippiechickie.gif

Hi I'm back just to say 1 thing and to ask a question

Statment: I'm about to candle the eggs for the 2 week mark I'm so eggcited (pun intended) for this :weee :ya

Question: is this the last time I am candling them before hatch, or do I need to do it a third time, if so, on what day?:idunno

Will post again to say candling results!:yiipchick

People usually candle on day 18z

ok, and the results were 12 out of 15 were good, only 3 looked werird, I took pictures BTW

this one has the chick allmost wrapped around the egg?!
530210691273242211%253Faccount_id%253D1

This one's air cell is saddle shaped? I have to go and remind myself what that means

3833352467747599855%253Faccount_id%253D1

this one kina looks like a blood ring, and not a blood ring?

FYI I was wearing Rubber Gloves wile doing this, so my hand looks kinda weird

what do I do?

(I marked all werdos with a question mark)

Last edited:
Holy Toledo, I thought the rain was slacking off and was going to let the other 4 coops of chickens out. It started coming down in sheets. I don't know how much rain we've had because I went out to the gauge yesterday afternoon and since there was only an inch in it I decided not to dump it. Last time I went out it was overflowing so that is 5"+ since about 4PM yesterday.
I have 7" copper gutters, 8X13" conductor head and 6" round downspouts with debris shedding discharge on the downspout. Everything is overflowing.

I'm glad I'm on the top of a hill. There are streams running off in every direction.

Holy Toledo, I thought the rain was slacking off and was going to let the other 4 coops of chickens out. It started coming down in sheets. I don't know how much rain we've had because I went out to the gauge yesterday afternoon and since there was only an inch in it I decided not to dump it. Last time I went out it was overflowing so that is 5"+ since about 4PM yesterday.
I have 7" copper gutters, 8X13" conductor head and 6" round downspouts with debris shedding discharge on the downspout. Everything is overflowing.

I'm glad I'm on the top of a hill. There are streams running off in every direction.
Was wondering how you & Dax were making out. Glad you're alright. Good luck.

Was wondering how you & Dax were making out. Glad you're alright. Good luck.

I think she had some tough weather but she's not getting any rain now. I'm OK. Just a bit wet. We had about 2 hours without rain yesterday and perhaps will get some dry time this afternoon but I doubt the baseball game will be played. Yesterday's game was cancelled early.
I don't plant myself in a valley unless I have a canoe. Around here, if you're smart, you don't build anywhere near a stream.

There's a lot more heading toward both of us but hopefully it won't be as severe. It should be dry by this time tomorrow. Chance of sun on Tuesday and then 3 more days of rain.

Last edited:
I need to get one of those phone scope mounts. Try holding a gun and a phone in the right spot is difficult. Could have got a good video of it pouncing on mice on high power if I had the mount.
My chickens are usually in this field.

ok, and the results were 12 out of 15 were good, only 3 looked werird, I took pictures BTW

this one has the chick allmost wrapped around the egg?!
530210691273242211%253Faccount_id%253D1

This one's air cell is saddle shaped? I have to go and remind myself what that means

3833352467747599855%253Faccount_id%253D1

this one kina looks like a blood ring, and not a blood ring?

FYI I was wearing Rubber Gloves wile doing this, so my hand looks kinda weird

what do I do?

(I marked all werdos with a question mark)

I can only see 2 images. The first looks suspect, the second also looks like it did not develop.
As for the last - if you think you see a blood ring you probably did.
Check them again in a few days.
I usually don't check the others again, just lock down on day 19 and wait.

The guides had those in Manuel Antonio park in Costa Rica. I was able to get good pictures of sloths, caiman, howler and spider monkeys and lots of very rare secretive birds like Toucans and eagles.
I need to get one of those phone scope mounts. Try holding a gun and a phone in the right spot is difficult. Could have got a good video of it pouncing on mice on high power if I had the mount.
My chickens are usually in this field.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom